• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC FIRST Vistara Credit Card Review | IDFC First Bank Launched Vistara Co-Branded Credit Card

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
People seem to have gone crazy on fee paying cards too. FOMO and peak madness
Its a credit card and not a stock or even crypto with 5x potential for god sake

Time to take rest till the madness subsides

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Normal CC of Vistara is trash

Priority can also be average sometimes
I recently had a wonderful experience with Vistara CC. I have a trip planned to Guwahati from Delhi for which I wanted to use my Business Class vouchers. Called them up, the executive informed me that while the award ticket was available on my chosen date for the return leg, it wasn't for the Delhi-Guwahati leg. I asked him for a separate date combination and even there only one side award ticket was available. That is when he took the initiative and proactively suggested that I could use one B-Class voucher and for the other leg I could book an economy ticket with my CV points and then upgrade it with an upgrade voucher. I thought this was a great idea and was going to ask him to go ahead, when he suggested me another option. He had been checking for other date combinations around my chosen dates (as he had realised by now that my dates were flexible) and while keeping the no. of days of my itinerary the same, he did come up with the date combination with both B-Class award tickets available.
I wish we had more such CC executives who actually 'care', are proactive and take initiative and provide solutions rather than just read out from a script and couldn't care less about providing a solution. This really was a WOW experience for me.

Btw, those who have been looking for a paisa vasool kind of a route for max utilisation of the B-Class voucher, spend max time in the B-Class cabin with this voucher - Delhi-Dibrugarh-Guwahati could be an option, requires 1 B-Class ticket despite the stop as it is on the same PNR with Dibrugarh being a technical stop, and overall it is a 4 hour 20 minute total time in the cabin. I didn't go out looking for it, actually would have preferred the shortest flight but I know through the forum some people do look to maximise the voucher, hence sharing the option. I stumbled upon it as this CC executive finally could find me the availability on this flight.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
I recently had a wonderful experience with Vistara CC. I have a trip planned to Guwahati from Delhi for which I wanted to use my Business Class vouchers. Called them up, the executive informed me that while the award ticket was available on my chosen date for the return leg, it wasn't for the Delhi-Guwahati leg. I asked him for a separate date combination and even there only one side award ticket was available. That is when he took the initiative and proactively suggested that I could use one B-Class voucher and for the other leg I could book an economy ticket with my CV points and then upgrade it with an upgrade voucher. I thought this was a great idea and was going to ask him to go ahead, when he suggested me another option. He had been checking for other date combinations around my chosen dates (as he had realised by now that my dates were flexible) and while keeping the no. of days of my itinerary the same, he did come up with the date combination with both B-Class award tickets available.
I wish we had more such CC executives who actually 'care', are proactive and take initiative and provide solutions rather than just read out from a script and couldn't care less about providing a solution. This really was a WOW experience for me.

Btw, those who have been looking for a paisa vasool kind of a route for max utilisation of the B-Class voucher, spend max time in the B-Class cabin with this voucher - Delhi-Dibrugarh-Guwahati could be an option, requires 1 B-Class ticket despite the stop as it is on the same PNR with Dibrugarh being a technical stop, and overall it is a 4 hour 20 minute total time in the cabin. I didn't go out looking for it, actually would have preferred the shortest flight but I know through the forum some people do look to maximise the voucher, hence sharing the option. I stumbled upon it as this CC executive finally could find me the availability on this flight.
It would have taken you 2 upgrade vouchers to upgrade from economy to business right?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

My first redemption trip on Vistara using SBI vouchers was also the same route (DEL-DIB-GAU on UK 741).

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
It would have taken you 2 upgrade vouchers to upgrade from economy yo business right?
Economy to Business would require 2 vouchers, yes and that would not have been available else we could have directly used the B-Class voucher. What he had suggested was to use one voucher and travel in Premium Economy for that leg.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Economy to Business would require 2 vouchers, yes and that would not have been available else we could have directly used the B-Class voucher. What he had suggested was to use one voucher and travel in Premium Economy for that leg.
Yeah Vistara is extremely supportive at times. I wanted to book two business class tickets Trivandrum - Delhi sector using business class vouchers. But only one was available so I booked the second ticket as economy as there is no premium economy on that sector. Come flight day at the check in counter they offered me to upgrade the economy ticket too to adjacent business seats by redeeming two class upgrade vouchers.

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yeah Vistara is extremely supportive at times. I wanted to book two business class tickets Trivandrum - Delhi sector using business class vouchers. But only one was available so I booked the second ticket as economy as there is no premium economy on that sector. Come flight day at the check in counter they offered me to upgrade the economy ticket too to adjacent business seats by redeeming two class upgrade vouchers.
Well, I had booked revenue PE tickets on Del-Trivandrum route, and was going to use upgrade vouchers to upgrade to Business. However, they changed the aircraft which had neither PE nor Business and offered me a refund of 1500 per ticket and a choice of seats. Was disappointing but we chose the first row seats. Later on the flight we realised that there were some celebrity politicians along with a number of journos on the same flight. It is amusing to see these guys travel economy, clearly they are not very comfortable there.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Well, I had booked revenue PE tickets on Del-Trivandrum route, and was going to use upgrade vouchers to upgrade to Business. However, they changed the aircraft which had neither PE nor Business and offered me a refund of 1500 per ticket and a choice of seats. Was disappointing but we chose the first row seats. Later on the flight we realised that there were some celebrity politicians along with a number of journos on the same flight. It is amusing to see these guys travel economy, clearly they are not very comfortable there.
That's true

Last time I flew BOM-CCU business class

Met one of the legends Ravi Shastri

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Vistara uses aircraft with no PE on DEL-TRV and DEL-COK. So, one needs to check before booking.

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Vistara uses aircraft with no PE on DEL-TRV and DEL-COK. So, one needs to check before booking.
Well, if they don't, how come they were putting up PE tickets for sale? And I had bought as well, then they communicated to me that there was a change in aircraft. Does this happen normally, that Vistara sells PE and Biz class tickets on routes where they do not operate aircracfts with these cabins? Isn't it strange, almost a fraud?

Btw, they didn't have the Biz cabin either else I was anyway planning to upgrade using upgrade vouchers. However, I doubt with those politicians on the flight if any B-Class seats would be available.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Well, if they don't, how come they were putting up PE tickets for sale? And I had bought as well, then they communicated to me that there was a change in aircraft. Does this happen normally, that Vistara sells PE and Biz class tickets on routes where they do not operate aircracfts with these cabins? Isn't it strange, almost a fraud?

Btw, they didn't have the Biz cabin either else I was anyway planning to upgrade using upgrade vouchers. However, I doubt with those politicians on the flight if any B-Class seats would be available.
You need to check the aircraft before booking. One of flights on DEL-COK is operated by a B737 (ex Jet-Airways aircraft) which only has Y and J. And their DEL-TRV flight is also operated using the same aircraft. Issue is mostly on flights to Kerala.

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
IDFC FIRST Bank has launched a new co-branded credit card with Air Vistara called the IDFC First Vistara Credit Card. Let's explore its features and benefits and compare it with other Vistara co-branded cards such as the SBI Vistara Prime Card.

View attachment 22331

Charges:
Joining Fee: ₹4,999 + GST
Annual Fee: ₹4,999 + GST

Welcome Benefits:
  1. Silver tier Club Vistara Membership.
  2. Receive 1 complimentary Premium Economy Ticket Voucher.
  3. Get 1 One Class Upgrade Voucher.
  4. Enjoy 3 months of complimentary EazyDiner Prime membership and BQ Prime subscription.
Main Benefits:
  1. Get 2 complimentary visits to domestic airport lounges, 1 spa visit, and 1 international lounge visit per quarter. To avail of these facilities, you must spend ₹5,000 monthly.
  2. Enjoy 12 complimentary golf lessons and 4 complimentary rounds of golf every year.
Trip Cancellation Cover: Receive trip cancellation cover up to ₹10,000 on flight and hotel bookings (2 claims annually).

Reward System: Earn 6 CV Points for every ₹200 spent until you reach ₹1 lakh in a month. After spending ₹1 lakh, you'll earn 4 CV Points for every ₹200 spent.
Earn 1 CV Point per ₹200 spent on fuel, insurance, utility bills, wallet loads, and rental expenses.
Earn 10 CV Points per ₹200 spent on dining expenses on your birthday.
#No CV Points are awarded for EMI transactions and cash withdrawals.

Get 2,000 bonus CV Points when you exceed a monthly spend of ₹30,000. This offer is applicable for the first 3 months from the card setup date. You can earn a total of 6,000 CV Points through this offer.

Spend Milestones:
Spend ₹1.5 lakh and receive 1 Premium Economy Ticket Voucher.
Spend ₹3 lakh and receive 1 Premium Economy Ticket Voucher.
Spend ₹4.5 lakh and receive 1 Premium Economy Ticket Voucher.
Spend ₹9 lakh and receive 1 Premium Economy Ticket Voucher.
Spend ₹12 lakh and receive 1 Premium Economy Ticket Voucher.

So, by spending ₹12 lakhs in a card anniversary year, you can obtain a total of 5 Premium Economy Ticket Vouchers.

SBI Vistara Prime Vs IDFC First Vistara Credit Card:
Now, let's compare it with the SBI Vistara Prime. I won't go into too much detail, but if you focus on the earning part, you'll find that you can earn 2 extra CV Points until you spend ₹1 lakh using the IDFC First Vistara Card. On the other hand, you'll earn only 1 CV point per Rs. 200 on utility, insurance, wallet, rent and fuel, But with the SBI Vistara Prime, you'll earn 4 CV Points per ₹200 spent on all categories, including utility bills, insurance, fuel, and wallet loads.

With the IDFC Vistara Card, you can earn 1 extra ticket voucher, but you have to spend more to achieve that. To earn 4 ticket vouchers, you need to spend ₹9 lakhs, and to earn one extra voucher, you have to spend ₹12 lakhs in total. In contrast, using the SBI Vistara Prime, you can earn 4 ticket vouchers simply by spending ₹8 lakhs, and you also receive a ₹10,000 Yatra hotel voucher.

In terms of annual fees, the IDFC First Vistara Card costs ₹4,999 + GST, while the SBI Vistara Prime card costs ₹2,999 + GST. The SBI Vistara Prime card is ₹2,000 + GST cheaper than the IDFC First Vistara Card.

So, I believe it is evident which card you should opt for. The SBI Vistara Prime has been and continues to be the best mid-range Vistara card for now.
How does it compare with axis vi?

abhishek0882

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You need to check the aircraft before booking. One of flights on DEL-COK is operated by a B737 (ex Jet-Airways aircraft) which only has Y and J. And their DEL-TRV flight is also operated using the same aircraft. Issue is mostly on flights to Kerala.
My mistake I understood, I should have checked :) . But isn't it primarily Vistara's responsibility to not sell those tickets in the first place, as they do not have the product itself? It would be understandable if it was a last minute change of aircraft or it was a one off technical snag. But if this is deliberate and if they do it on a regular basis, it is malicious.