• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Card not working for online, Tap & Pay but working for Swipe+PIN

TF Select
I got a new ICICI Super Saver HPCL card (upgraded from Coral HPCL) a couple of days ago.

I have been trying to transact online but it doesn't work. Yesterday I tried Tap & Pay and it didn't work. Tried Swipe+PIN and it worked.

Have enabled all domestic transactions except ATM with adequate limit (very old CC user so know what should be enabled at my end).

It has been 3-4 days. I called ICICI yesterday and executive told that it is a known issue and their team is working on it.

I searched their twitter page and here in TF but didn't see anyone else facing such issue. I think she was just being lazy and not interested in solving the problem.

Anyone else faced this issue?

oakajale

TF Buzz
Faced the same issue on my dad's new Emeralde Private. They said the same thing that it was a known issue on their backend affecting a few cards only for online payments. However, they got it fixed within ~1 day after raising the issue.

You might have received an RM contact when you received your card, try contacting that person instead of the public ICICI helpline.

TF Select
Faced the same issue on my dad's new Emeralde Private. They said the same thing that it was a known issue on their backend affecting a few cards only for online payments. However, they got it fixed within ~1 day after raising the issue.

You might have received an RM contact when you received your card, try contacting that person instead of the public ICICI helpline.
Unfortunately, there is no RM number for this card (entry level).

Called them again and was told same thing.

Asked them to either give service request number for this call or close the card. According to her, card can be closed when my yesterday's transaction is settled (may be after 1-2 days).

And service request number can't be generated for this kind of problem.

BlueFlash

TF Premier
Disable all the controls and remove all custom limits. Wait for couple of hours, or better yet a day. Then enable back the controls, but don't apply any custom limit. Again wait for a couple of hours or day. Now try transacting.
Recently same issue happened with my newly issued Rubyx RuPay card, and doing above helped. Disabling/Enabling within seconds/minutes wasn't helping at all.

cardy

TF Ace
Disable all the controls and remove all custom limits. Wait for couple of hours, or better yet a day. Then enable back the controls, but don't apply any custom limit. Again wait for a couple of hours or day. Now try transacting.
Recently same issue happened with my newly issued Rubyx RuPay card, and doing above helped. Disabling/Enabling within seconds/minutes wasn't helping at all.
yes a complete day may help you
this type of issue faced on bob card by me
resetting and waiting a complete day helped me
now it works in seconds but then it troubled me a lot