• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is the trick for Saphhiro variant conversion still working?

Buttman

TF Premier
So recently I got the mc+amex for Saphhiro and I read about how we can hold all 3 variants.
I contacted support ok Twitter via chat directly and waiting for their response.
My questions are:
1. Will they close my mc+amex cards considering if they decide tp switch me to Visa variant? How long shall I wait before activating the Visa card to avoid closure of Mc and Amex.
2. I haven’t even set pin on my amex and mc cards. Is it required? I don’t see anything about pin set up anywhere. I have used the card on cred to secure the cards for which transaction was successfull without pin. Any disadvantages of setting pin in case I get Visa variant? Will the other cards be deactivated if I set pin?

cardio_guy

TF Ace
My Sapphiro application is in progress and the executive told it will be Visa (Even in the application form, Visa is ticked).
Are you saying they issue only MC+Amex now?

In the ICICI website, they are not showing any variant for Sapphiro. (the image has no logo itself). Looks like some change is coming.

tn_72

TF Select
So I Got the visa variant issued after escalating with Twitter again. Seems like they haven’t stopped?
I am being offered paid Sapphiro card as upgrade from Coral rupay. There was no variant (Visa or MC/Amex) mentioned in the upgrade page. I want the MC/Amex variant. I contacted customer care and they gave conflicting info. One said visa is not issued and to check online. Other said I will get visa and the info shown in screenshot I attached is outdated info. So pretty confused.

racydex

TF Select
I had a Jet Airways LTF sapphiro card which they now changed to a paid sapphiro card.
They are refusing to make it LTF.
Any ideas on how to try for LTF?
I think the card is pretty useless for rewards, only benefit is 5-10% discount on Electronics purchases online every now n then.