• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Icici bank charging interest on whole amount

Hello Folks,

Need help on interest charges which has been levied on my ICICI credit card. I had a total bill amount of Rs.2,47,000 /- for march statement which was due on 15th April but I made a few payments on 15th April, a few on 17th and one payment of 24,000 on 19th April which was the final outstanding amount bill . But now when I received the April month statement, they have levied 16k interest charges which shouldn't be the case as they should have been charged interest charges for Rs.24,000 /- which was made after the due date + 3 days grace )In my case April 15th was the due date (16, 17, 18th April is due date).

So need community help how to get this addressed.

Thanks,

Anil

Shoxie

TF Premier
Hello Folks,

Need help on interest charges which has been levied on my ICICI credit card. I had a total bill amount of Rs.2,47,000 /- for march statement which was due on 15th April but I made a few payments on 15th April, a few on 17th and one payment of 24,000 on 19th April which was the final outstanding amount bill . But now when I received the April month statement, they have levied 16k interest charges which shouldn't be the case as they should have been charged interest charges for Rs.24,000 /- which was made after the due date + 3 days grace )In my case April 15th was the due date (16, 17, 18th April is due date).

So need community help how to get this addressed.

Thanks,

Anil
Well, the only thing you can do is to politely request the bank to waive off the charges. Not sure how that'll work out, but people have had it waived off on different occasions with different banks.

Please make sure to request it over email and try your luck.