• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need urgent help chargeback denied by ICICI bank against Amazon

manojnath

TF Buzz
Hi Members,

I need your help. I recently raised chargeback against Amazon on 6th Feb as they delivered the wrong item. I have unboxing video also. I made payment via Amazon ICICI Bank credit card. The amount is 2,22,999. Today, I have received sms that merchant has denied the chargeback request.

Twitter post:

Please help. What should I do next?

Thank you,

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Hi Members,

I need your help. I recently raised chargeback against Amazon on 6th Feb as they delivered the wrong item. I have unboxing video also. I made payment via Amazon ICICI Bank credit card. The amount is 2,22,999. Today, I have received sms that merchant has denied the chargeback request.

Twitter post:

Thank you,

Why did you raise the chargeback first?

Did you atleast try to contact Amazon Customer Care? If yes, what did they reply?

Was it a reputable seller? If not, why did you place such an expensive order with such a seller?

s1t2y3a3m6

TF Premier
Go step by step. Contact Amazon customer care then social media team .. etc a lot there, also tweeter.

Then go through chargeback but chargeback couldn't be successful against Amazon.

Last step is consumer court.

manojnath

TF Buzz
Why did you raise the chargeback first?

Did you atleast try to contact Amazon Customer Care? If yes, what did they reply?

Was it a reputable seller? If not, why did you place such an expensive order with such a seller?
Yes, As soon as I received the item I contacted Amazon CC and they did investigation for 5 days and after that they said they delivered the right product. After this only I raised chargeback request.

manojnath

TF Buzz
Very true
I think he didn't follow the basic protocol
I did. As soon as I received the item I contacted Amazon CC and they did investigation for 5 days and after that they said they delivered the right product. After this only I raised chargeback request.

Why did you had a huge purchase, knowing that scams are likely to happen for high value purchases? should have went to offline shops, might costed you little more but at least this mental trauma would not have been there or would have ordered from merchant which gives open box delivery atleast for high value items.

ccdc

TF Ace
man i hope you get your money back....it's a big amt....if nothing works go to the sellers address mentioned on the invoice and demand your money back and give police complaint dhamki...

the_collector

TF Premier
Hi Members,

Twitter post:

Thank you,

Okay so I've been through a very similar ordeal with flipkart.

They delivered a faulty product and did not refund my money.

I tried reaching out to customer support through various means but they did not respond

So what I did and what I'd recommend you do is:

1. Collect all the information and proof , screenshot and screen record everything.

2. Go to this website and sign up: https://www.consumerhelpline.gov.in/

3. Raise a grievance request through the above portal. Make sure you include all the details and screenshots.

And wait for the magic to happen. You'll get a call from front and they will sort your issue.

The next step if you don't get a favourable resolution is consumer court.

the_collector

TF Premier
Okay so I've been through a very similar ordeal with flipkart.

They delivered a faulty product and did not refund my money.

I tried reaching out to customer support through various means but they did not respond

So what I did and what I'd recommend you do is:

1. Collect all the information and proof , screenshot and screen record everything.

2. Go to this website and sign up: https://www.consumerhelpline.gov.in/

3. Raise a grievance request through the above portal. Make sure you include all the details and screenshots.

And wait for the magic to happen. You'll get a call from front and they will sort your issue.

The next step if you don't get a favourable resolution is consumer court.
ALSO VERY IMPORTANT:

I also shared all my details and the invoice info on twitter. And you will not believe what happened next.

I got a call from flipkart apparently , the way the guy spoke was unbelievable. It sounded so professional and I would've never known that I was being scammed.

He first said we apologise and we want to rectify it for you which is why you can buy a better laptop. He asked me to choose one and confirm.

He said it'll be free and it'll replace the existing defective laptop.

I was on call for 30 minutes and selected one laptop that was worth 20k more.

All towards the end, he asked me to pay the amount for the laptop and that everything will be refunded once they pick up the old laptop.

Luckily my instincts kicked in and I said no I won't pay anything.
Surprisingly , he didnt get mad or pissed ( like scammers do after almost roping their victim in), he simply said no problem please contact me on this number again once you're ready to get this resolved.

Moral of the story : Blur any sensitive information when you post online ( name , number , address). There is always someone waiting to take advantage of your situation.

Ps: after all this I got the actual call from flipkart team and they replaced my device

ccdc

TF Ace
ALSO VERY IMPORTANT:

I also shared all my details and the invoice info on twitter. And you will not believe what happened next.

I got a call from Amazon apparently , the way the guy spoke was unbelievable. It sounded so professional and I would've never known that I was being scammed.

He first said we apologise and we want to rectify it for you which is why you can buy a better laptop. He asked me to choose one and confirm.

He said it'll be free and it'll replace the existing defective laptop.

I was on call for 30 minutes and selected one laptop that was worth 20k more.

All towards the end, he asked me to pay the amount for the laptop and that everything will be refunded once they pick up the old laptop.

Luckily my instincts kicked in and I said no I won't pay anything.
Surprisingly , he didnt get mad or pissed ( like scammers do after almost roping their victim in), he simply said no problem please contact me on this number again once you're ready to get this resolved.

Moral of the story : Blur any sensitive information when you post online ( name , number , address). There is always someone waiting to take advantage of your situation.
how did he call you...did you not blur your info?

the_collector

TF Premier
how did he call you...did you not blur your info?
So I had tweeted about it first. In my initial tweet I included my phone number and invoice number as I thought it'll be easier for flipkart to reach out. I was naive and learnt the hard way.

I immediately redacted that post after what happened

Hi Members,

Twitter post:

Thank you,

thank god it was visa credit card

if it was upi and/or rupay upi+cc then u would be royally phocked

As soon as I received the item you contacted Amazon CC ; u mean ICICI ?

Abhi5467

TF Select
Do you have uncut unboxing video of the package? If not, it's gone case! Also there are few online sellers authorised by the brand to sell online than offline. There may be issues with warranty for online purchases. With such high value items be sure you selecting authorised seller and make uncut video unboxing it showing all 4 sides. Video is accepted as proof in court and also Amazon refunds you same day if such scam happens. We are in India brother, the online SCAM CAPITAL!

supermohit

TF Buzz
Why did you had a huge purchase, knowing that scams are likely to happen for high value purchases? should have went to offline shops, might costed you little more but at least this mental trauma would not have been there or would have ordered from merchant which gives open box delivery atleast for high value items.
Bhai jo hua so hua, abb kuch help karna hai toh bolo.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
In the first photo u showing front side of the box was opened but in unboxing video u opened back side of the box 🤨🤔 who is the real scammer? Amazon or u?
OP's the scammer most probably. I also noticed that. Moreover, if Amazon conducted an investigation and found that right product was delivered, in most cases, they have concrete proof supporting that. Moreover, the Merchant's bank denied the chargeback, obviously when seller had concrete proof supporting the claim that right product was delivered.

He's just exploiting the TFC and playing with other's emotions and gaining false sympathy.