• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need urgent help chargeback denied by ICICI bank against Amazon

leonneel

TF Premier
OP's the scammer most probably. I also noticed that. Moreover, if Amazon conducted an investigation and found that right product was delivered, in most cases, they have concrete proof supporting that. Moreover, the Merchant's bank denied the chargeback, obviously when seller had concrete proof supporting the claim that right product was delivered.

He's just exploiting the TFC and playing with other's emotions and gaining false sympathy.
Still I'm not saying amazon is right. Well amazon is actually right but amazons employee are not always right. Amazon must have examined the video of the packaging area of their warehouse to check if wrong item were packed and concluded this claim false.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Still I'm not saying amazon is right. Well amazon is actually right but amazons employee are not always right. Amazon must have examined the video of the packaging area of their warehouse to check if wrong item were packed and concluded this claim false.
That and package weight and many more proofs are usually available in this digital world. And this was an expensive order, so must have undergone 1 or 2 supervision checks.

OP is sus but still it won't deny the fact that it could be delivery person's doing and in this case amazon won't be able to trace anything. But this raises another thing, amazon do not tell delivery boys whats inside the package so i think OP is the real scammer here.

Last edited:

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
Amazon CC are really helpful I can vouch , I had received fake non returnable product each of the 10k twice.
CC would hear the matter, ask for images through link and initiate refund instantly.

Once I received damaged Chips Packet of 40 Rupees , sent them image of same. Next received Deustche Bank Cheque through Speedpost.

All this cemented my trust in Amazon.

Flipkart is gone case.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Hi Members,

I need your help. I recently raised chargeback against Amazon on 6th Feb as they delivered the wrong item. I have unboxing video also. I made payment via Amazon ICICI Bank credit card. The amount is 2,22,999. Today, I have received sms that merchant has denied the chargeback request.

Twitter post:

Please help. What should I do next?

Thank you,

Expensive items (in my experience anything >10,000) is shipped in special packets which has a code which is mailed to you. You verify the code on the packet and then give the OTP. The packet also has numbers (123) printed on all the edges, so if the package is tampered it is easily detected.

Abhi5467

TF Select
In India, online sellers were harassed by people who exploit these route. But since then, Amazon Flipkart banned some pincodes like in Delhi where scams were rampant. Normally, for such high value items, Amazon manages the inventory for a particular seller. In that case, if you don't have any proof or either trying to scam them ( I'm not judging but mentioned both scenarios) , your money is gone and they might close your Amazon account too! Small businesses which are new might scam the customers but that too is too risky as if customer has proofs Amazon outright takes the money from seller as a payback. Online selling is not what is used to be, stricter checks and open box delivery are used now. Show them proofs and they give your amount back as simple as that. I've faced same issue with cosmetic product and they asked for video and photos on email, refunded me same day.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
In India, online sellers were harassed by people who exploit these route. But since then, Amazon Flipkart banned some pincodes like in Delhi where scams were rampant. Normally, for such high value items, Amazon manages the inventory for a particular seller. In that case, if you don't have any proof or either trying to scam them ( I'm not judging but mentioned both scenarios) , your money is gone and they might close your Amazon account too! Small businesses which are new might scam the customers but that too is too risky as if customer has proofs Amazon outright takes the money from seller as a payback. Online selling is not what is used to be, stricter checks and open box delivery are used now. Show them proofs and they give your amount back as simple as that. I've faced same issue with cosmetic product and they asked for video and photos on email, refunded me same day.

Recently, around 2 weeks back, I purchased a Redmi 12 for around 9.5K. It was shipped in a secured package (label with a unique code which was mailed to me, plastic packet having numbers 123 printed on all edges). The seal of the package was not 100% OK. It looked like some issue while sealing and not tampering but I didn't take any risk. I refused to give the OTP and told the delivery guy that either I will open it in front of him and verify contents else he can take it back. He called someone and agreed to let me open and verify contents but also said he will make video of the same to which I had no objection. I opened the packet and found the phone and other accessories intact in the sealed box and so accepted delivery and gave him the OTP. He was a very nice guy and did not show any irritation during this entire process.

Last edited:

the_collector

TF Premier
Yes. ICICI Bank
I'm quite surprised you didn't choose to reply to any of the comments that are suggesting that you are taking advantage of the seller and amazon here.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but the queries raised by fellow members are valid and im not sure why you didn't address them ( it may not be important here to reply, but Amazon is probably thinking on the same lines too)

Obviously for everyone to help and to be more precise with their answers, it's important that you're transparent

RajMahadik

TF Premier
Hi Members,

I need your help. I recently raised chargeback against Amazon on 6th Feb as they delivered the wrong item. I have unboxing video also. I made payment via Amazon ICICI Bank credit card. The amount is 2,22,999. Today, I have received sms that merchant has denied the chargeback request.

Twitter post:

Thank you,

222k purchase on online...

Buy a stone , but buy infront of you ( offline ).

Such a high purchase that even online not make sense...

RajMahadik

TF Premier
Hi Members,

Twitter post:

Thank you,

Did you checked the seller while buying, ITS MUST BE LOCAL SELLER WITH BAD REVIEWS who are making such fruad

manojnath

TF Buzz
I'm quite surprised you didn't choose to reply to any of the comments that are suggesting that you are taking advantage of the seller and amazon here.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but the queries raised by fellow members are valid and im not sure why you didn't address them ( it may not be important here to reply, but Amazon is probably thinking on the same lines too)

Obviously for everyone to help and to be more precise with their answers, it's important that you're transparent
Hi, The unboxing was done by friend and he opened it that way only and when I reached out to Amazon, they asked me to upload image from the front side of the box and on a blank paper to write my name. I have alreayd contacted my lawyer and will file the case on consumer forum by the end of next week.

manojnath

TF Buzz
I
Hi, Thanks for the reply. I asked the amazon to share the same with me but they aren't responding that's the reason now I am in process of filing the case in consumer forum.

Abhi5467

TF Select
Hi, The unboxing was done by friend and he opened it that way only and when I reached out to Amazon, they asked me to upload image from the front side of the box and on a blank paper to write my name. I have alreayd contacted my lawyer and will file the case on consumer forum by the end of next week.
You should have posted email replies of the incident. Members can't help if they don't know full story. If you have decided so, keep screenshots of all conversations with Amazon with date so that you can show you tried to complain multiple times. Be informed that, consumer court decisions are not always in favour of customers. It will take some time though may be couple of months. If you win might get some more money covering expenses. Do share the experience afterwards.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Did you checked the seller while buying, ITS MUST BE LOCAL SELLER WITH BAD REVIEWS who are making such fruad
The packaging photo OP shared has prime sticker on it. All prime shipments are dispatched from Amazon warehouse and packaging is done in front of cameras. 222K shipment is not packaged like that. One possible option is box swap post dispatch.

Amazon weighs each shipment at various stages. If the contents are changed at any stage, they can mostly pinpoint it exactly based on weight alone.

Abhi5467

TF Select
Disagree...I have made purchases over 4L online.
Many people still don’t know how to take precautions like checking authorised seller, ratings, genuine sites, warranty information, spotting fake vs original. As opposed to offline online buying has multiple layers of consumer protection steps and support. I’ve bought all the major appliances online, never had any problem if you do homework right. Saving money too with card offers + getting more money by paying the CC bills.

sjmajumder

TF Ace
Many people still don’t know how to take precautions like checking authorised seller, ratings, genuine sites, warranty information, spotting fake vs original. As opposed to offline online buying has multiple layers of consumer protection steps and support. I’ve bought all the major appliances online, never had any problem if you do homework right. Saving money too with card offers + getting more money by paying the CC bills.
I will give everyone a very simple recipe for safe online shopping.

Buy from Amazon and only those items that are Prime eligible. This is the simplest way to buy genuine items at great price. As you keep shopping online you will learn about more ways to shop safely.