• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Charges fee for LTF Sapphiro [Alumni Offer]

SlokAks

TF Buzz
I was planning to apply for ICICI Sapphiro LTF using alumni offer.

But, I can see that many people are being wrongly charged even after everywhere it is written Nil charges.

If you are facing such issues, please share your experience here (whether you were charged or not / how did you get the charges reversed).

It would be helpful for others thinking to apply for the same or trying reverse the charges.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231028-030823.png
    Screenshot_20231028-030823.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 235

SlokAks

TF Buzz
Once you get the card, get it in writing that it is LTF. And later if yiu are charged, use that mail to reverse charges,
Many people are writing that initially they make you complete the entire process by mentioning that the card is LTF. But, later on after being charged, when you ask them regarding it. They simply give some weird reason for it not being LTF. Example: For one person, they said that, "Your variant (Amex variant ) of card is not LTF".

I am not sure. But it is even written in the welcome document that there is Nil fees. Still they charge.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Many people are writing that initially they make you complete the entire process by mentioning that the card is LTF. But, later on after being charged, when you ask them regarding it. They simply give some weird reason for it not being LTF. Example: For one person, they said that, "Your variant (Amex variant ) of card is not LTF".

I am not sure. But it is even written in the welcome document that there is Nil fees. Still they charge.
Welcome letter doesn't mention fee

di1in

TF Buzz
I applied for LTF, but they sent me joining fees and annual fee details when I got the confirmation email after verification. I replied back asking for a clarification, and they confirmed it's free and asked me to ignore the charges. Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 9.57.57 PM.png

Harrykhan

TF Neo
I also got charged the joining fees. First I wrote a mail to customer care which was of no use and was simply neglected by them. Then after waiting for their reply for a few days, I escalated my complaint to their higher level on the complaints portal along with a call recording of me with their executive which told me that my card is ltf under alumni offer. Got a response in a week and got the fee reversed in 14 days.

rahee

TF Buzz
Hi Guys,

I have been rejected for an Alum card even though I have a 790 score. It's surprising to me. Can anyone help me on how to go about it? I really feel upset on why the card is being rejected and is it so obvious to get the card.

Attachments

• tempFileForShare_20240315-180512.jpg
    tempFileForShare_20240315-180512.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 42

viswanath.t

TF Select
Contributor
Hi Guys,

I have been rejected for an Alum card even though I have a 790 score. It's surprising to me. Can anyone help me on how to go about it? I really feel upset on why the card is being rejected and is it so obvious to get the card.
mail they and request for the reason of rejections .. many people who got rejected, have got approved after asking them the reason.. try ur lucky..

karram

TF Buzz
Thanks to TF Forum and details in the thread, I was able to get the Sapphiro card. The below is my experience.

I submitted data through the link and got a rejected notification in the web page. I am not sure why; I tried second time but again the result was same. But then got a call from agent within couple of hours. Due to personal works, I had to ask them to call later in the evening but the agent kept checking on me every hour :). Finally got time in the evening and the agent went through the application process, asking details and filling up a form at her end. Got sms and email for OTP verification and the agent sent a link to upload scanned copy of the degree. After that, she initiated VKYC and disconnected the call. VKYC was just usual with PAN card and signature. The second day morning, both AMEX and MC cards showed up on the app. Also, got an sms that card will be delivered in 7 days. Now waiting for the card.