• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card Review

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Multiple entries for same bank means Cibil considers all of them have separate limit where as it is combined limit for these banks (except SBI etc.). This increases ⬆️ overall limit, decreases ⬇️credit utilization and increases⬆️ debt to income in Cibil report. TIA

This is what I wanted to understand, thank you soo much!!

Just a quick question, will all 3 helping in improving it ?

As, I can understand that increasing overall limit and decreasing credit utilization will definitely improve the CIBIL score but an increase in debt to income ratio should be red-flagged or not ? :unsure:

helloworld

TF Legend
This is what I wanted to understand, thank you soo much!!

Just a quick question, will all 3 helping in improving it ?

As, I can understand that increasing overall limit and decreasing credit utilization will definitely improve the CIBIL score but an increase in debt to income ratio should be red-flagged or not ? :unsure:
Yes, two sides of coin handle with care.

A while ago when I applied Personal loan in HDFC bank, they checked my Cibil and asked me the following things:
- You have more limit on your credit cards, which increases your risk ratio. So, if possible call those banks and reduce limit otherwise get reduced loan amount as per bank risk criteria.

So, even if CUR is under 30% sometimes banks do check debt (overall credit limit*)/income ratio. It is important for loans (credit cards usually won't much but for loans, more probability).

* overall credit limit = this is the limit that you can spend at any point of time, right - irrespective of your income.

Last edited:

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, two sides of coin handle with care.

A while ago (around 4 or 5 years ago) when I applied Personal loan in HDFC bank, they checked my Cibil and asked me the following things:
- You have more limit on your credit cards, which increases your risk ratio. So, if possible call those banks and reduce limit otherwise get reduced loan amount as per bank risk criteria.

So, even if CUR is under 30% sometimes banks do check debt (overall credit limit*)/income ratio. It is important for loans (credit cards usually won't much but for loans, more probability).

* overall credit limit = this is the limit that you can spend at any point of time, right - irrespective of your income.
Interesting take, will keep in mind

Thank you for all the Info 🙌

AsB

TF Ace
I recently applied for a HPCL VISA Coral Card, and the executive, who applied my card told me that there may be some devaluations of the card for Offline Purchases for Amazon Pay ICICI Card. Meaning the 1% cashbacks for Offline purchases may not be there anymore.

AsB

TF Ace
Card A is assigned with credit limit of 35000 and Card B is assigned with credit limit of 50000
In the above case, if you have utilized Rs.35000 of card A and want to use the Card B then you will be
allowed to transact only for Rs. 15000 and not for the complete available limit on card B.

vijaycard

TF Buzz
I recently applied for a HPCL VISA Coral Card, and the executive, who applied my card told me that there may be some devaluations of the card for Offline Purchases for Amazon Pay ICICI Card. Meaning the 1% cashbacks for Offline purchases may not be I'm using
I'm using Apay ICICI GEtting 1% for Offline transactions too. No information tool now I received from bank or amazon

Last edited by a moderator:

dishank_24

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
The most uncomplicated card for beginners is the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. This card is so simple to understand that you really don’t need to think about anything while using it. Launched in 2018 but still is quite popular and literally, there has been no devaluation on the same to date.

Full Review https://www.technofino.in/icici-amazon-pay-credit-card-review/

IMG_20221108_194046__01-02 (1).jpeg

I would certainly recommend this to everyone, especially after the recent devaluation of HDFC 5X Smartbuy on Amazon. So if you don’t a premium card from HDFC then this card is ideal for all the Amazon spends. This card won’t work on ICICI sales on other websites. Hence it’s better to get another card like the ICICI MakeMyTrip Signature from ICICI through the expressions card route. Since ICICI Bank allows you to hold its complete portfolio of cards so it won’t be a problem to get as many cards as you want.

Even for premium cardholders, this can be a good addition to their plastic collection!
Completely agree. This one is a great addition.. after every limit is over and all the rewards are received. This one does the job for me

Kiranonlinee

TF Premier
Today my apay card statement got generated, for multiple txns on same day at same merchant (offline) didn't got rewards for all trxns

sauravkumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you explain this ?

If I already have ICICI CC having 5L limit and apply for Apay card, will both cards have 5L limit separately or common (use spend max 5L per month via both cards) ?
Earlier I was also assuming it would be combined.
But in my case the limits are separate.

You can also check by adjusting the total limit and spend limit through iMobile app.

Tejo

TF Legend
The most uncomplicated card for beginners is the ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card. This card is so simple to understand that you really don’t need to think about anything while using it. Launched in 2018 but still is quite popular and literally, there has been no devaluation on the same to date.

IMG_20221108_194046__01-02 (1).jpeg

I would certainly recommend this to everyone, especially after the recent devaluation of HDFC 5X Smartbuy on Amazon. So if you don’t a premium card from HDFC then this card is ideal for all the Amazon spends. This card won’t work on ICICI sales on other websites. Hence it’s better to get another card like the ICICI MakeMyTrip Signature from ICICI through the expressions card route. Since ICICI Bank allows you to hold its complete portfolio of cards so it won’t be a problem to get as many cards as you want.

Even for premium cardholders, this can be a good addition to their plastic collection!
My brother's icici card was blocked recently.
He used for cashback also purchases for friends.

Anyway @bhavyegoel to unblock card ?

NeutronNova

TF Buzz
Can you explain this ?

If I already have ICICI CC having 5L limit and apply for Apay card, will both cards have 5L limit separately or common (use spend max 5L per month via both cards) ?
I had coral first with 1L limit when I applied for apay I got a limit of 2.6L both límits are separate.