• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I got bob premier card in March 29 it is rupay varient want Visa or MasterCard varient?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is there any major diff between Premier rupay and Premier visa variant??
I have also got premier Rupay variant.
With Rupay variant , You get 5%-20% discount Rupay Credit Card offers , like on CRED , Blinkit , BigBasket , Amazon and Reliance Smart point ,many more .
With Visa , no such exciting offers .

kapilahir

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Only BoB Eterna is issued in either VISA/Master Card variant.
For all other cards the platform is Rupay only.
I don't think you will be able to change
@TechnoFino can further confirm on this.
Actually i asked them to downgrade my bob premier to bob select they said your varient is Rupay and Select can be issued in visa/mastercard only and select is what my spending criteria meets.

kapilahir

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
With Rupay variant , You get 5%-20% discount Rupay Credit Card offers , like on CRED , Blinkit , BigBasket , Amazon and Reliance Smart point ,many more .
Actually Sir they are not downgrading my Premier to Select. That's why i have tons of Rupay debits even i am okay with it but they are refusing to downgrade to Select just because Premier is Rupay Varient. They said it can be downgrade to Easy Rupay only

Amitt Aryan

TF Premier
But as premier has more reward points on travelling and international spends, rupay variant will not be so good outside india in terms of acceptance I guess.
This is the main point I think.
Visa will be good then.

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
But as premier has more reward points on travelling and international spends, rupay variant will not be so good outside india in terms of acceptance I guess.
This is the main point I think.
Visa will be good then.
Oh Rupay will be Accepted anywhere where JCB , Discover , Pulse , DinersClub is accepted .

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Actually Sir they are not downgrading my Premier to Select. That's why i have tons of Rupay debits even i am okay with it but they are refusing to downgrade to Select just because Premier is Rupay Varient. They said it can be downgrade to Easy Rupay only
Then call customer care , tell them to change your Variant from Rupay to Visa . If they dont answer well , Write email to escalation , crm

jayks

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I also received this variant and I tried registering on Lounge Key with this card (as JCB and RuPay have a partnership). I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it actually got registered and now I can see that I am entitled to 4 lounge visits under Lounge Key program. So it's great if you get this variant as you get access to 4 international airport lounge visits in a year (for comparison, Visa Signature variant only gives you access to lounges in India, that too only once per quarter). I registered using this link: https://www.loungekey.com/en/jcb11/

EDIT: Did some further digging and found out that the LoungeKey-JCB access is limited to a few countries only (China, Thailand, Korea, Singapore, Germany, Taiwan, UK, Indonesia, Japan & US (Hawaii only)). So it's not like ordinary Lounge Key.

Last edited: