• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Applied BOB card from Rupay website but BOB approved Visa Card

Sreedev

TF Buzz
I have changed my BoB Premier's card network from Visa to RuPay. Changing card networks within the same card does not change LTF card to a paid card. I already had a conversation with BoB customer care executive on a call regarding card network change and he said that the card will retain LTF status post network change.
when i ask them they told after 1 year only they can change

Solution
I had applied bob credit card from rupay website but bob approved Visa credit card. I only need rupay Premier . please convert My card to Rupay .

Applied from https://www.rupay.co.in/our-cards/rupay-credit/explore-the-credit-card-range

When i contact BOB customer customer they told me to use for atleast 1 year after that only they can convert
You can't directly apply from RuPay site as it redirect to official BOB site hence you can't apply for network change request within a year.

Use the current card and soon you will get pre approved virtual additional RuPay card offer within few months ( virtual Snapdeal recommended )

girish3456

TF Premier
when i ask them they told after 1 year only they can change
As per RBI from October 1st 2023, at any time we can convert our card.

For me PNB staff has wrongly applied for Visa gold credit card. So I have initially converted from visa to Rupay Platinum credit card with in a week time & then converted from Rupay Platinum credit card to Rupay Select credit card with in a week again. All this process tool 45 days time. Now am waiting for physical card (Rupay Select credit card)

#aniket

TF Ace
will it add credit enquiry to Cibil? is it pre approved? will it add as new account in cibil?
CIBIL pe nahi jayega, it seem you're existing customer jada se jada Experian pe enquiry hoga and haan approved ho jayegaa ye wala aram se

Though it would be better once to contact with bank itself.

Anurag

TF Buzz
will it add credit enquiry to Cibil? is it pre approved? will it add as new account in cibil?
It doesn't add credit enquiry afaik. Also there's no concept of pre-approval, coz the limit is shared with kotak league. It shows like it has equal seperate limit but it isn't. It means if you have used 50% from the 1st card then rest 50% only you will be able to use from rupay one. But it will reflect like it has seperate limit.
But if you are directly applying rupay without having any existing card then it's different thing.

Sreedev

TF Buzz
It doesn't add credit enquiry afaik. Also there's no concept of pre-approval, coz the limit is shared with kotak league. It shows like it has equal seperate limit but it isn't. It means if you have used 50% from the 1st card then rest 50% only you will be able to use from rupay one. But it will reflect like it has seperate limit.
But if you are directly applying rupay without having any existing card then it's different thing.
will it add new credit card account in Cibil
I mean currently on cibil there is one Credit card account will it multipliers?

samm255

TF Ace
When I applied for BOB Select card, they issued me Easy VISA card so I filed a complained to RBI BO with all proof and then they sent me new Select card with same limit. Try that, maybe work for card network change too.

Sreedev

TF Buzz
When I applied for BOB Select card, they issued me Easy VISA card so I filed a complained to RBI BO with all proof and then they sent me new Select card with same limit. Try that, maybe work for card network change too.
how many days / months take for convertion after complaining

Sreedev

TF Buzz
How that easily?
emailed to conversion @Bob email id . But to be Frank card was not working only recieved Virtual card . payment always failing "wrong card exipre" but iam entering correct expire also when i try to add to upi app there also issue

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208-102804.png
    Screenshot_20240208-102804.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 14

bhauka11

TF Buzz
You can't do anything in this case. But surely later they will offer you the rupay one. For me I applied for Visa got rupay.
Last week I got Premier VISA when I clearly applied for Rupay variant..

I mailed at crm@bobfinancial email ID to change it to Rupay and within 2 days it was changed to Premier RUPAY that too LTF even though I have no prior history with BOB and this is my 1st card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240401-221929~2.png
    Screenshot_20240401-221929~2.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20240404-231332~2.png
    Screenshot_20240404-231332~2.png
    22 KB · Views: 10
Last week I got Premier VISA when I clearly applied for Rupay variant..

I mailed at crm@bobfinancial email ID to change it to Rupay and within 2 days it was changed to Premier RUPAY that too LTF even though I have no prior history with BOB and this is my 1st card.
Where did you get option to select rupay variant? I have also applied for premier card yesterday but didn't see such option.