• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Cashback Review (w.e.f 01-Sep-23 i.e., after revaluation)

helloworld

TF Legend
Related posts: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/one-more-devaluation-this-time-hsbc-cashback-card.15623/

Summary:

Benefit/FeatureNew Changes
Annual Fee999+18% GST
Fee Waiver2L
Online Spends1.5%
Offline Spends1.5%
Grocery MCC10% (with below two categories upto 1K per month)
Dining MCC10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC10%
Easydiner15% upto 500 on min.2.5k
Lounge Benefit4 per year
fuel, rental, govt. transactions, e-Wallets,
insurance, education, B2B goods and services,
jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances,
payments of outstanding balances,
payments of card fees and other card changes
0%

1693581653195.png

Some MCCs (Reference Purpose Only):

1714499138175.png

Note: The transactions for each category are identified through Merchant Category Codes* (MCC), defined by the Network, e.g. Visa, MasterCard and RuPay.

Mall food courts, Nearby grocery stores, Supermarkets, Swiggy Instamart and Grocery - worked for me for 10% cashback based on above MCC (unless you have same MCC, no guarantee).

Replace some cards (If you use this card ..):

1.5% offline - Alternative to FK 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to StanC Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Airtel 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to AU Zenith 5% Card

Exclusion MCC List:

1701620051864.png

Last edited:

vijay.vj

TF Ace
METRO membership ? you mean METRO wholesale stores ? no idea.

Kotak is offering RuPay Metro Credit card (but i heard this card is not working anywhere except Metro stores) -

Yes. Card itself isn't much interesting tho.

krishc

TF Ace
Hey, do you any tricks to get METRO membership as a regular individual (they offer it only to bussiness people who have GST)? They offer great discounts across many things, but sadly not open to regular customers.
After Reliance takeover of Metro India business, it was announced that it will be soon opened to regular retail customers as well.
But since then no concrete news about what's the procedure and so far unable to verify from anyone actually trying this.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
I just came across Essentia Platinum Credit Card which is basically mini HSBC CB card (10% upto 500 per month with 749 annual fee) & this card is discontinued.

Fingers crossed for HSBC CB.

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Any idea whoever is using this card why are they not giving cashback on these merchants - "Raz Credence" and "Samast Technologies Pvt. Ltd." - any leads would be helpful. Thanks.

SpidySpider

TF Premier
Yes, you can buy from Jiomart website.

recently i saw we can buy jiomart gift card from Amazon (2% extra off) or gyfr websites and all bank partnership gyftr websites too.
Has anyone used these? As I just saw a review on Amazon, in which it said that these gift cards did not work for products purchased in Smart Bazaar(In the jiomart app).

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Visa platinum and matched with earlier discussion with customer support provided mccs.

Let me know if any changes..
nope, no changes required

I was looking for the list in the post where you had put eligible MCCs after call with Customer support but found this one which was similar to Visa Platinum offer

Now we can conclude that this is official list of MCCs which HSBC considers under Restaurant, Food & Grocery Category

helloworld

TF Legend
nope, no changes required

I was looking for the list in the post where you had put eligible MCCs after call with Customer support but found this one which was similar to Visa Platinum offer

Now we can conclude that this is official list of MCCs which HSBC considers under Restaurant, Food & Grocery Category

Yes, Since it came from HSBC, these are the mcc registered in their system for these categories.

Some other mccs also might apply but for now these are matching with Swgy, zmto, bb etc. known websites.

sarainfo12

TF Premier
My wife just got this card (brainwashed my wife to apply it 🤣🤣, and we can close one other card) .

Btw , how the cashback cycle works ? Is that calender month like millennia or statement cycle ?
Do we need to wait until statement generates too see the cashback or we can see in 2 to 3 days after transaction settles . ?

Thanks

venkateshr

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My wife just got this card (brainwashed my wife to apply it 🤣🤣, and we can close one other card) .

Btw , how the cashback cycle works ? Is that calender month like millennia or statement cycle ?
Do we need to wait until statement generates too see the cashback or we can see in 2 to 3 days after transaction settles . ?

Thanks
It is usually ~18 days after the stmt generation, essentially 2-3 days after the pmt due date of the last stmt. For my wife's 15 Dec stmt, the CB was posted on 3rd Jan.

helloworld

TF Legend

Thanks

like fk or airtel.. credit in next month statement but we don't know how much cb we got in this month.

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
It is usually ~18 days after the stmt generation, essentially 2-3 days after the pmt due date of the last stmt. For my wife's 15 Dec stmt, the CB was posted on 3rd Jan.
like fk or airtel.. credit in next month statement but we don't know how much cb we got in this month.

Thanks
It is actually 45 days from statement generation so in next to next statement the cb gets posted (worst thing about this card)