• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One More Devaluation: This time HSBC Cashback Card

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Here are some of the key highlights of our revised HSBC Cashback Credit Card offering:​
•​
Earn More Cashback: Enjoy a 10% cashback (up to ₹1,000) on categories such as dining, grocery, and food delivery. Also, earn unlimited 1.5% cashback on all other spends. Cashback not eligible on select categories such as Fuel, Rental, Govt. Transactions, E-wallets, Insurance, Education, B2B Goods and Services, Jewelry, Charity, Toll fees, Cash Advances, Payment of outstanding balances, payment of card fees and other card charges​
•​
Elevated Airport Lounge Experience: 4 complimentary airport lounge access, one per quarter​
•​
Joining and Renewal Fee: There will be a joining fee of only ₹999 (not applicable to existing customers). There will also be a renewal fee of ₹999, which will be waived upon reaching a spend milestone of ₹200,000 in a year​
Please note that these changes will come into effect for your existing credit card from 26-Aug-2023.​

b4bhar

TF Buzz
Does HSBC offer the cashback card as a life time free card or at least first year free?
If so, what should i do to get that offer? I've a very goood cibil score but dont have any savings account with HSBC though.

sudhanshu22

TF Buzz
Get it paid, eyes closed!
Not everything should be LTF
LTF is destroying the CC industry
True, I have LTF credit cards, but good offers are present in paid cards only. It is kind of gamble for credit card companies. You pay them some money (or spend more than a threshold(like 2 lakhs for SBI CB card)) in order to get good returns from the credit card. Most LTF cards are avoidable.

sudhanshu22

TF Buzz
True, I have LTF credit cards, but good offers are present in paid cards only. It is kind of gamble for credit card companies. You pay them some money (or spend more than a threshold(like 2 lakhs for SBI CB card)) in order to get good returns from the credit card. Most LTF cards are avoidable.
At the same time, not all paid cards are good cards. You have to choose wisely based on your spending pattern and rewards.

Companies love fixed recurring income more than variable income. This is why they prefer annual fees over the possibility of earning through LTF.

From a customer point of view, LTF is definitely better. We should be advocating on the behalf of what is good for customer, not what is good for the banks.