• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Applied HSBC Cashback card before 1st September, still got new voucher

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hey everyone
I applied for HSBC card in the month of August. At that time it was FYF. When I received the card its leaflet clearly mentioned that I’ll get vouchers worth 6.5k on spends of 2k within first 30 days.

Today I got mail from HSBC that I’ve received my 1k Amazon voucher. Which comes with the new variant that has joining fee of 1k. Luckily I spent more than 10,000 in first 30 days other wise I wouldn’t have gotten any vouchers.

Is this expected? Does this mean I will be charged joining fee as well? Any input would be appreciated , Thanks.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You should be getting everything that you were promised at the time of joining.
The fee will also be charged as mentioned to you during the application.

If you have a screenshot or email, you can escalate it to the bank's grievance department and they should reply to you in a satisfactory manner.

Hisoka

TF Ace
You should be getting everything that you were promised at the time of joining.
The fee will also be charged as mentioned to you during the application.

If you have a screenshot or email, you can escalate it to the bank's grievance department and they should reply to you in a satisfactory manner.
During my application it mentioned as first year free. I got new vouchers instead of old, not sure what did you mean by “getting everything you were promised”. Did you even read my question? 😂

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
During my application it mentioned as first year free. I got new vouchers instead of old, not sure what did you mean by “getting everything you were promised”. Did you even read my question? 😂
Sorry, my bad. Seems like you got more than what was promised lol.

At first, I thought the 6.5k vouchers weren't delivered yet.
But since you have gotten them and the Amazon voucher on top of it, sounds like a great situation to be in.

I still don't think any fee would be charged as you joined when it was FYF.

shashankrt

TF Premier
Hey everyone
I applied for HSBC card in the month of August. At that time it was FYF. When I received the card its leaflet clearly mentioned that I’ll get vouchers worth 6.5k on spends of 2k within first 30 days.

Today I got mail from HSBC that I’ve received my 1k Amazon voucher. Which comes with the new variant that has joining fee of 1k. Luckily I spent more than 10,000 in first 30 days other wise I wouldn’t have gotten any vouchers.

Is this expected? Does this mean I will be charged joining fee as well? Any input would be appreciated , Thanks.
Well as you have used your card for more than 3 months now, fees if any would have got levied by now. So it seems your card is indeed FYF.
For cards with FYF / LTF, rarely you get joining bonus like vouchers or anything else. So getting that 1K voucher itself I would consider lucky (unless it was part of some spend based criteria)

vikyp

TF Buzz
Recieved this one as FYF. A call to the cc to waive off the joining fees worked well. They asked me to switch my current LTF HSBC Visa platinum card to get a FYF cashback card. No amazon vouchers for me though but I am still happy with this deal as the visa platinum card was just for a one off discount deal on HSBC cards. Nothing much to loose here although a 10% cashback on dining and food ordering would more than compensate for this deal. Waiting to see if I get any vouchers for 10k spends within a month or so.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Recieved this one as FYF. A call to the cc to waive off the joining fees worked well. They asked me to switch my current LTF HSBC Visa platinum card to get a FYF cashback card. No amazon vouchers for me though but I am still happy with this deal as the visa platinum card was just for a one off discount deal on HSBC cards. Nothing much to loose here although a 10% cashback on dining and food ordering would more than compensate for this deal. Waiting to see if I get any vouchers for 10k spends within a month or so.
Hi bro I have platinum card . I am in interested in cashback card.. shall i apply for new card or request for card upgrade??

can u please share the procedure u did for upgrade ?? how did u get FYF??

gobsy

TF Select
Hey everyone

Did you spend 10k on grocery/dining or on other categories? Is the voucher given before bill is generated?