• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HSBC Cashback Review (w.e.f 01-Sep-23 i.e., after revaluation)

helloworld

TF Legend
Related posts: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/one-more-devaluation-this-time-hsbc-cashback-card.15623/

Summary:

Benefit/FeatureNew Changes
Annual Fee999+18% GST
Fee Waiver2L
Online Spends1.5%
Offline Spends1.5%
Grocery MCC10% (with below two categories upto 1K per month)
Dining MCC10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC10%
Easydiner15% upto 500 on min.2.5k
Lounge Benefit4 per year
fuel, rental, govt. transactions, e-Wallets,
insurance, education, B2B goods and services,
jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances,
payments of outstanding balances,
payments of card fees and other card changes
0%

1693581653195.png

Some MCCs (Reference Purpose Only):

1714499138175.png

Note: The transactions for each category are identified through Merchant Category Codes* (MCC), defined by the Network, e.g. Visa, MasterCard and RuPay.

Mall food courts, Nearby grocery stores, Supermarkets, Swiggy Instamart and Grocery - worked for me for 10% cashback based on above MCC (unless you have same MCC, no guarantee).

Replace some cards (If you use this card ..):

1.5% offline - Alternative to FK 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to StanC Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Airtel 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to AU Zenith 5% Card

Exclusion MCC List:

1701620051864.png

Last edited:

Jhon Anand

TF Premier
Do we recieve income tax cashback of 1.5% ? If yes, is there any capping?

Nvm got it in the thread you Linked.

The agent was trying to fool me by saying yes for govt transactions. They've setup a stall in our corporate campus and scamming people 😂😂

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
Do we recieve income tax cashback of 1.5% ? If yes, is there any capping?

Nvm got it in the thread you Linked.

The agent was trying to fool me by saying yes for govt transactions. They've setup a stall in our corporate campus and scamming people 😂😂
This card used to give but after devaluation it has become useless

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Related posts: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/one-more-devaluation-this-time-hsbc-cashback-card.15623/

Summary:

Benefit/FeatureEarlier ValuesNew Changes
Annual Fee750+18% GST999+18% GST
Fee Waiver1L2L
Online Spends1.5%1.5%
Offline Spends1%1.5%
Grocery MCCDepends on Online/Offline Cashback10% (with below two categories upto 1K per month)
Dining MCCDepends on Online/Offline Cashback10%
Swiggy/Zomato or Food Delivery MCC1.5%10%
Blinkit10%10%
Easydiner30% upto 600 on min.1k30% upto 600 on min.1k
Amzn Shopping5% upto 250 per month5% upto 250 per month
TataCliq15% upto 500 per month15% upto 500 per mont
AJIO10% off upto 1k per month on Tuesdays10% off upto 1k per month on Tuesdays
BigBasket10% off upto 250 / BBNow: Flat 50 on 60010% off upto 250 / BBNow: Flat 50 on 600
Lounge Benefit04 per year
fuel, rental, govt. transactions, e-Wallets, insurance, education, B2B goods and services, jewellery, charity, toll fees, cash advances, payments of outstanding balances, payments of card fees and other card changes0% (e-Wallets, rental) or 1.5% (others)0%

Ideally if you're availing 10% on and Grocery or Food delivery apps with instant discount, one should also get another 10% as statement cashback. Have to try and confirm (will update if worked).

1693581653195.png

Key Points:

1.5% offline - Alternative to FK 1.5% Card
10% grocery (offline) - Alternative to StanC Manhattan 5% Card
10% grocery and food delivery (online) - Alternative to Airtel 10% Card
10% dining (offline) - Alternative to AU Zenith 5% Card

View attachment 28986
Do you know the mcc list for 10% cashback?

helloworld

TF Legend
Anyone verified the cashback with any other restaurants / grocery stores, DMART, Stat Bazaars etc?

In my case it works nearby grocery stores (not big ones like Bazzar or Marts but Grocery stores and supermarkets) and I'm hoping 10% next month because MCC matched. And I know these based on my experience with StanC Manhattan which provides 5% on these shops but again it depends on MCC. And DMart as per my last visit provides 3 MCCs and worked with Manhattan at that time (not a frequest visitor).

Note: Just reiterating, even if I say my DMart transaction fetched 10%, it doesn't mean it works every DMart. Its more depends on POS machine and when it comes to cashback it 100% depends on MCC.

Swiggy provides 10% for both Airtel and Cashback* and BigBasket has multiple MCC which we have to verify and see which one working.

* not yet posted but confirmed with MCC.

Note: Again, based on my experience each DMart has atleast 4+ POS machines, so even today when I swiped got required MCC, there is no way for sure I know tomorrow that is the POS machine that I swiped yesterday. Its more or like gamble, once you're comfortable stick to that place and swipe happily without any worries, but that needs test transactions, confirmations and frequent usage.

Funfact: When I had Lunch in a mall, I got fuel surcharge because they're using Petrol MCC POS machine in that restaurant.

Maybe for better answer, you have to request location specific stores. People who lives nearby and uses those places can confirm.

Sai Ganesh

TF Premier
Post Oct 1 , 2023 , the amazon offers are discontinued.

Spoke to customer care and got confirmation on the same.

Both amazon purchase and billpay offers are discontinued.

I really dont see this card worth now apart from dining and grocery spends which gives 10% CB.

See below link for your reference.

helloworld

TF Legend
Post Oct 1 , 2023 , the amazon offers are discontinued.

Spoke to customer care and got confirmation on the same.

Both amazon purchase and billpay offers are discontinued.

I really dont see this card worth now apart from dining and grocery spends which gives 10% CB.

See below link for your reference.

Yes. Saw some offers like Easydiner, TataCliq, Ajio removed, will update once this month completed and confirm its not temporary issue.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Info: Currently HSBC has only 2 cards (+ Premier only available to NRV customers) one is LTF and another one is Paid.

And HSBC removed partner offers from all their credit cards along with joining benefits (whatever available now, just to compensate joining fee, earlier it was double).

pprakash11

TF Prestige
@helloworld any update on bigbasket ?
We are currently using tata neu infinity for bigbasket to get 10% neu coins back via tata neu app .
If this card will give 10% cashback then we can use this because we will get 10% from this card and additional 5% as neu coins .
15% sounds great deal for me .
@pprakash11
Need to confirm what's the MCC of big basket?