• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade IDFC First Credit Card?

nirsark

TF Premier
Those using IDFC First Credit Card and have successfully upgraded it, kindly let us know your journey.

Things that will help are:

1. Old IDFC CC variant and limit.
2. New IDFC CC variant and limit.
3. How many months did you use old cc before you got an upgrade?
4. Anyone holding a select/wealth account will he get an instant upgrade of IDFC CC to select/wealth?
5. Any other process of getting a smooth upgrade.

etc.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I second you. I called the customer care as a Select Wealth Account holder to enquire on this. They were not able to offer me a Select Credit Card despite being written on the IDFC's web page that IDFC Select Wealth AC Holders are pre-qualified for it. In fact, the executive also didn't even know that IDFC CCs can be applied on card to card basis. She just recommended me to apply for CC thru IDFC online portal and it will show which card I am eligible for. But since I applied for the card before in December and was rejected, she also told me to wait for 6 months. I think IDFC has not updated its back end to link Select Account holders with Select credit card eligibility.
that a bummer , i have IDFC select variant applied through c2c basic

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Doesn't work because the moment I input the PAN number, name an DOB, it automatically takes me to the Select variant.
No chance to submit other card statement which has 11L limit. :(
i second that , even i wanted wealth variant but only select variant showed up . it depend on your ITR which you have filed previously cause pancard is somewhat is used to determine

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Doesn't work because the moment I input the PAN number, name an DOB, it automatically takes me to the Select variant.
No chance to submit other card statement which has 11L limit. :(
You should be asked to either input your salary per month or existing credit card limit and issuing bank. Otherwise how they are showing you the card variant? Also with select variant what is the limit you are getting?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
You should be asked to either input your salary per month or existing credit card limit and issuing bank. Otherwise how they are showing you the card variant? Also with select variant what is the limit you are getting?
unlike b.o.b it only ask to enter pancard i have IDFC select variant , got limit of 2 lakhs using c2c while without c2c 1.5 two option it showed me

prc1990

TF Ace
I'm having a IDFC 10k Savings account since October-2021, and by February I received a pre-approved offer for first millennia with limit of just 40k. Since, it was my first ever unsecured credit card, I accepted that offer and proceeded.
I want to share my personal experience here-
Once I tried to ask my CIBIL related queries via mail. I remember, I didn't get any proper response and my case somehow got escalated that I received a call from one of their upper level team executive (I dont know what exact position she told me, but some kinda senior level) . And while talking to her, I got to know that she's got some serious level of knowledge based on her answers to my queries. I just honestly told her that I was unaware of the enquiries being made with the applications for Flipkart pay later and OlaMoney postpaid+. Also after this enquiry related queries, I asked in general in a very unorthodox way related to my credit card scene. She told me, at this time bank is not providing any kind of limit or variant upgrades to existing customers and is currently working on to implement these features to their card services. She also advised me to utilize as max as I can, even should go to the fullest, to be eligible for limit upgrade as it will be a key-point for limit upgrade. But for card variant upgrade she told me that currently no one from their team has any idea regarding the same.

I want to add that, Even after explaining how I've given consent for the credit enquiries with Flipkart and Ola, She actually unexpectedly helped me with the rectification of these enquiries which she told me will be considered as an exceptional case (God bless her).
It is actually my personal decision to trust her with that max utilization for limit upgrade thing, as I believe that she wont be giving any false information intentionally, Because she was in no hurry to close my case and and hang up the call, instead she was so calm and so understandable like a teacher, she kept listening & answered my each and every query even when she wasn't supposed to; I guess, cause primarily this was not anyhow related to the request I raised with the email. I've never ever experienced such kinda customer service from any other bank or even a company I'd say.
I wish we get to see more of such people in customer service.

P.S. - Trust me, usually, I just do not butter things up and also hate typing this long but I guess its worth it.
Kudos to the lady! We need more people like her who actually understands customer's need and question and try to help them in the best possible way. It clearly proves how much dedicated and responsible she is with her role and position! 🤩🤩🤩

nirsark

TF Premier
Had a talk with IDFC Customer Support today, and they said, 'We are soon bringing Card upgrades for IDFC Customers. Kindly keep using your card and we will let you know if you are eligible for an upgrade'.

That's all. Nothing more. Nothing less. I honestly do not believe them. I guess this is a 'standard response' they are saying to everyone.

PrabhuD

TF Buzz
Yes, I personally contacted the customer care person and asked for the procedure to upgrade my Select variant to Wealth. But they confirmed that currently they didn't provide this variant upgrade facility and will soon update this feature.

AllSeeker

TF Ace
I'm having a IDFC 10k Savings account since October-2021, and by February I received a pre-approved offer for first millennia with limit of just 40k. Since, it was my first ever unsecured credit card, I accepted that offer and proceeded.
I want to share my personal experience here-
Once I tried to ask my CIBIL related queries via mail. I remember, I didn't get any proper response and my case somehow got escalated that I received a call from one of their upper level team executive (I dont know what exact position she told me, but some kinda senior level) . And while talking to her, I got to know that she's got some serious level of knowledge based on her answers to my queries. I just honestly told her that I was unaware of the enquiries being made with the applications for Flipkart pay later and OlaMoney postpaid+. Also after this enquiry related queries, I asked in general in a very unorthodox way related to my credit card scene. She told me, at this time bank is not providing any kind of limit or variant upgrades to existing customers and is currently working on to implement these features to their card services. She also advised me to utilize as max as I can, even should go to the fullest, to be eligible for limit upgrade as it will be a key-point for limit upgrade. But for card variant upgrade she told me that currently no one from their team has any idea regarding the same.

I want to add that, Even after explaining how I've given consent for the credit enquiries with Flipkart and Ola, She actually unexpectedly helped me with the rectification of these enquiries which she told me will be considered as an exceptional case (God bless her).
It is actually my personal decision to trust her with that max utilization for limit upgrade thing, as I believe that she wont be giving any false information intentionally, Because she was in no hurry to close my case and and hang up the call, instead she was so calm and so understandable like a teacher, she kept listening & answered my each and every query even when she wasn't supposed to; I guess, cause primarily this was not anyhow related to the request I raised with the email. I've never ever experienced such kinda customer service from any other bank or even a company I'd say.
I wish we get to see more of such people in customer service.

P.S. - Trust me, usually, I just do not butter things up and also hate typing this long but I guess its worth it.
Very informative, thanks! I guess I'll not apply for upgrade anytime soon :ROFLMAO:

sameerdes

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No card upgrade options currently as far as I know. But my Select is a recently issued one. With the existing limit & the next variant being Wealth I guess.. not sure if & when I might get the upgrade. Plus with recent devaluations not sure how much I might use it either except for card specific features/offers. In pure value terms the recent devaluation was a significant hit & a disappointing one.. esp for a new IDFC CC holder like me!