• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to upgrade Citi Credit Card

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Need help on how to upgrade citi card. How can one convert from Citi Rewards to Premier miles / Prestige / Citi Indian oil. And what should be the existing cc limit / any spends criteria for being eligible to upgrade.

dav33

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Citi Indian oil card is a upgrade from rewards card? I don't think so. Because they've converted my paid rewards card to LTF Indian oil card.
Yes its not. Wanted to know mostly about premier miles and prestige.
What was the limit on your rewards card and did they ask for anything else

hariselio

TF Premier
In my case, rewards card was 12+ years old and had 4.6L limit. Recently called them to close the card as i shifted to other cards like ACE and regalia... Also have paytm citi as well. So didn't want to pay yearly fees and when i told them to close, they asked for the reason for closing and when I told about annual fee, he suggested better to convert to Indian oil card which will be LTF. I agreed and within three days got the new including addon card.

souvikdey2002

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Need help on how to upgrade citi card. How can one convert from Citi Rewards to Premier miles / Prestige / Citi Indian oil. And what should be the existing cc limit / any spends criteria for being eligible to upgrade.
I don't think there is any eligibility for upgradation in Citi.
However, after a certain period of time the Indian Oil card can be Life Time Free but I don't think Premier Miles,/Prestige would be ever.

hariselio

TF Premier
I think he used the card for more than 5 years, if you use any card on regular basis, after a certain period of time it will be life time free for you.
In my case it was opposite... As I mentioned earlier, it was 12+ years old card, recently they started charging... So I had to spend 30K every year on that card to avoid the annual fee.

sauchadh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Citi bank never has an option of upgrading the cards. I recently enquired with them of upgrade given that I am LTF Cash back credit card from them. They said you can apply for a new one.