• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to ensure rupay variant for Tata Neu Infinity

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select
I wanted to know how to assure that Tata Neu card I apply will be Rupay variant and not Visa variant. Considering HDFC behaves like HDFC, then there are high chances of getting Visa variant. Just wanted to know the steps to mitigate. I already have a Regalia LTF with 3.5L limit. So it would be helpful if anyone can help here. I searched the forum but somehow couldn't find relevant information. Thanks in advance!

Solution
You will get to select between Rupay/Visa so don't worry. Even if you get wrong network then you can send an email and get it changed.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I wanted to know how to assure that Tata Neu card I apply will be Rupay variant and not Visa variant. Considering HDFC behaves like HDFC, then there are high chances of getting Visa variant. Just wanted to know the steps to mitigate. I already have a Regalia LTF with 3.5L limit. So it would be helpful if anyone can help here. I searched the forum but somehow couldn't find relevant information. Thanks in advance!
If you apply via Tata neu app You will get option to choose between Visa or Rupay on app during application process.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
You will get to select between Rupay/Visa so don't worry. Even if you get wrong network then you can send an email and get it changed.
Are you sure they will change the newtwork? for this whom to contact Tata Neu / HDFC.. why because there were somethings that can be easily done by Tata neu, I heard...

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes i have read enough comments on this forum and DD that people are able to get it changed just by one mail. Contact HDFC
If Anyhow anyone gets the VISA variant then just drop a mail to PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com
for conversion of franchise from VISA to Rupay.Most probably they will accept the request.
This is what I wanted to know... so people have done it before... Thats great.
Generally Banks are reluctant to change the networks..
However this is going to be changed by Oct as per new RBI guidelines...

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
This is what I wanted to know... so people have done it before... Thats great.
Generally Banks are reluctant to change the networks..
However this is going to be changed by Oct as per new RBI guidelines...
Offcourse Banks are reluctant on the same .But few banks like HDFC is doing it easily.

Also RBI circular will comes into effect from october whether customer can ask the bank regarding particular card franchise...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Offcourse Banks are reluctant on the same .But few banks like HDFC is doing it easily.

Also RBI circular will comes into effect from november whether cuatomer can ask the bank regarding particular card franchise...
Is it November? I thought it was from Oct...

R@ndomiz€r

TF Select

Also RBI circular will comes into effect from november whether cuatomer can ask the bank regarding particular card franchise...
HDFC was pretty anal on changing my Regalia LTF to Rupay LTF. Grievance mail replied only FYF possible, when I threatened them of deactivation they were like ok please go ahead 😂😂

But considering this card is already advertised as a Rupay card it might be easy to convert and also make it LTF if not received via Neu app.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Is it November? I thought it was from Oct...
Ohhhh...its 1 october only..