• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to enroll for HDFC Global Value Program?

harishl20

TF Buzz
1667561815572.png

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/global-value-program-gvp/19187/Zmykm2o=

Anyone knows how to activate this offer in my DCB? I tried all means that I could but of no avail. Called phone banking, credit card customer care, RM. No one even knows about it and one of phone banker even told that I have an upgrade offer for my credit card from DCB to Diners Millenia. :LOL:
Any help to get this offer activated to my card? I do quite a lot international purchases.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Update on the global program. It is active and working properly. Got the welcome benefits and cashbacks as applicable. SMS still works.
@Harry1
How was ur experience in exchange rate from diners? Heard they charge 1% extra than visa/mastercard, which makes it 3.36% ? Sometimes even more.

I have AU Zenith with net 0.14% profit. If DCB exchange rate is bad, i will go with AU Zenith to be safe.

harishl20

TF Buzz
How was ur experience in exchange rate from diners? Heard they charge 1% extra than visa/mastercard, which makes it 3.36% ? Sometimes even more.

I have AU Zenith with net 0.14% profit. If DCB exchange rate is bad, i will go with AU Zenith to be safe.
Are you asking based on recent amendment? or is it how it was? If it's recent amendment then, I'll check in some time and update you.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Are you asking based on recent amendment? or is it how it was? If it's recent amendment then, I'll check in some time and update you.
No, usually people says diners rate is 1% higher than visa/MasterCard. So even with 2.36%, it actually becomes 3.36%.

Did u try comparing the amount charged with Google rate on that day? Was it close or about 1-2% higher.

harishl20

TF Buzz
No, usually people says diners rate is 1% higher than visa/MasterCard. So even with 2.36%, it actually becomes 3.36%.

Did u try comparing the amount charged with Google rate on that day? Was it close or about 1-2% higher.
I just did one transaction and the compared it with google conversion. HDFC charged 5Rs. less than the google conversion for approx 100$ transaction. So I guess what you said about diners seems to be not true. Still it's a gain for us with GVP.

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
1667561815572.png

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/global-value-program-gvp/19187/Zmykm2o=

Anyone knows how to activate this offer in my DCB? I tried all means that I could but of no avail. Called phone banking, credit card customer care, RM. No one even knows about it and one of phone banker even told that I have an upgrade offer for my credit card from DCB to Diners Millenia. :LOL:
Any help to get this offer activated to my card? I do quite a lot international purchases.
Is this offer applicable to Regalia also?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thanks for follow up, after the sms I got charged 199 for GVP but there was no confirmation msg or email from HDFC. Even RM said that there is some issue with GVP getting linked to DCB and diners currently isn't working for GVP. So not sure if its acutally active. Will try to do intl transaction n see.

Edit: My card was charged on 5th and I did an international transaction on 13th, so far I don't see any CB on card. Would it be a credit entry? How long would it take get the CB?
I sent message 2 days back and got an acknowledgement saying it will be activated in 7 working days. But i don't see any charges in my account yet.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I tried enrolling in this program by sending SMS. Got the acknowledgement, but enrolment did not happen even after 10 days

Finally called HDFC bank help line and got enrolled in 5 working days. I could see charge of 199 in the unbilled transactions

I have also spent on forex transactions last week. Lets see when I get the cashback now

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
So it is not working now😭. You tried contacting rm or customer care?

Edit: Called to customer care and they took request for the same.
Got sms confirmation today that it is activated now. Customer care also confirmed that it was activated 2 days back. Don't see any charges yet.

Is it free for LTF cards? Or will i get charged after bill generation or after first international transaction?

Also, customer care said no cashback for international INR transactions. So, not much difference in usd (2.36-1) vs INR (1.18) transaction.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Got sms confirmation today that it is activated now. Customer care also confirmed that it was activated 2 days back. Don't see any charges yet.

Is it free for LTF cards? Or will i get charged after bill generation or after first international transaction?

Also, customer care said no cashback for international INR transactions. So, not much difference in usd (2.36-1) vs INR (1.18) transaction.
Got charged 199 now. No gst added.
Edit: Now gst added.

Last edited:

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I tried enrolling in this program by sending SMS. Got the acknowledgement, but enrolment did not happen even after 10 days

Finally called HDFC bank help line and got enrolled in 5 working days. I could see charge of 199 in the unbilled transactions

I have also spent on forex transactions last week. Lets see when I get the cashback now
So just to share an update, I got 500 reward points on enrolling for GVP on Infinia

Also received 1000 cash back immediately after statement date (My spends on this card were just a shade above 1L in SGD).

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
It was majorly hotel swipe on offline machine and some online booking of attractions. However it was Infinia on Visa infinite so no issues on acceptance
Missed the Infinia part.

Any idea where can I use the card for 0.1 or 1 usd online and cancel and refund later? I activated GVP, but couldn't use it anywhere 😅. Now just want to get welcome offer 500 points somehow.

Avid_snake

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
As the program says all international transactions, will transactions in INR also be considered. Then only DCC of 1% will be charged and cashback of 1%, so net only 0.18% of GST.

There are online international transactions which allow you to pay in INR without any markup. This will be helpful if we get the 1% cashback in those cases

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
As the program says all international transactions, will transactions in INR also be considered. Then only DCC of 1% will be charged and cashback of 1%, so net only 0.18% of GST.

There are online international transactions which allow you to pay in INR without any markup. This will be helpful if we get the 1% cashback in those cases
No cashback for inr transaction.