• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to enroll for HDFC Global Value Program?

harishl20

TF Buzz
1667561815572.png

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/global-value-program-gvp/19187/Zmykm2o=

Anyone knows how to activate this offer in my DCB? I tried all means that I could but of no avail. Called phone banking, credit card customer care, RM. No one even knows about it and one of phone banker even told that I have an upgrade offer for my credit card from DCB to Diners Millenia. :LOL:
Any help to get this offer activated to my card? I do quite a lot international purchases.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If it is not working, write to grievance redressal and they will activate it with your email consent.

6 months ago, my wife got it activated through this means as the SMS was not working.

harishl20

TF Buzz
Anything worked?
Thanks for follow up, after the sms I got charged 199 for GVP but there was no confirmation msg or email from HDFC. Even RM said that there is some issue with GVP getting linked to DCB and diners currently isn't working for GVP. So not sure if its acutally active. Will try to do intl transaction n see.

Edit: My card was charged on 5th and I did an international transaction on 13th, so far I don't see any CB on card. Would it be a credit entry? How long would it take get the CB?

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for follow up, after the sms I got charged 199 for GVP but there was no confirmation msg or email from HDFC. Even RM said that there is some issue with GVP getting linked to DCB and diners currently isn't working for GVP. So not sure if its acutally active. Will try to do intl transaction n see.

Edit: My card was charged on 5th and I did an international transaction on 13th, so far I don't see any CB on card. Would it be a credit entry? How long would it take get the CB?
It will reflect in the statement. Yes it will be a separate entry as CB. You will get points also. I think 500 is welcome points.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I

It comes 2 days after statement generation.

Niue1918

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Just call customer care/ RM. I called my RM and got this activated this a couple of weeks back, got Rs. 375 cash back already even though I did a transaction before activating GVP, but the transaction was settled at a later date. FYI, I did this for Infinia. Also received 500 points.

harishl20

TF Buzz
Just call customer care/ RM. I called my RM and got this activated this a couple of weeks back, got Rs. 375 cash back already even though I did a transaction before activating GVP, but the transaction was settled at a later date. FYI, I did this for Infinia. Also received 500 points.
Bro, I got pissed off calling CC and RM even his senior manager. No one had clue such thing existed. I got it activated through the sms as pointed out by Harry1. Did you get cash back before the statement? and points too? how many days did it take to get it?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
International spends would attract forex fee. Still is it beneficial?
3.33% reward points, 2.36% fee, 1% cb. So net is positive.

Earlier they used to give renewal benefits every year, so it was basically free. But now it is 236 extra from second year. So take only if u have 23600 forex spends at least every year.

Don't see any provision to disable the membership.