• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Bank Global Value Back Program: Save On International Spending

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
If you're someone who spends a substantial amount in foreign currency every month, whether it's online transactions or frequent visits to foreign countries involving offline transactions in foreign currencies, you're likely in search of a credit card that offers low markup fees and provides good value on international spending. If that's the case, you need to be aware of the valuable benefit offered by HDFC Bank to its select credit card users.
HDFC Bank boasts a program called the "Global Value Back Program" (GVP), which allows you to earn a 1% cashback on all your international expenses. Let's delve deeper into this program.

HDFC Bank GVP.png

Global Value Back Program (GVP) is accessible to both retail and business credit card holders of HDFC Bank. When you enroll in this program, you're entitled to receive a 1% direct cashback, credited to your credit card statement for all your international expenditures.

Charges:
Joining/Annual Fees: Rs. 199 + GST

Welcome Benefit:
500 Bonus Reward Points on your first international transaction during the first year. This feature is not available upon renewal.​
Cashback Rate: 1%
Cashback Cap:
Rs. 1000 per statement cycle. This means if you spend 1 lakh in a statement cycle, you'll receive a maximum cashback of Rs. 1000.
Milestone Benefit:
Receive Rs. 2,000/- worth of Yatra, Cleartrip, or MakeMyTrip vouchers once you accumulate international spends of Rs. 1,50,000/- in a year. This feature is available once a year.

Offer Eligibility:
  1. Must be an Indian Citizen.
  2. Applicable to HDFC Bank Credit Card customers (Applicable on Retail & Business Cards only; Corporate and Commercial cards are excluded).
Exclusions:
Merchants dealing in Gaming, Betting, Gambling, and ATM cash withdrawal are not eligible for cashback.
How to Avail GVP:
Call HDFC Bank customer care and request them to activate the Global Value Back Program (GVP) on your credit card. You will receive an SMS confirmation of activation within 3 to 5 days.

The Global Value Back program is an exceptional value-added service provided by HDFC Bank to its customers. If you hold an HDFC Infinia or DCB card and frequently make international transactions, this service is highly recommended. By using GVP in conjunction with an Infinia/DCB card for international transactions, you can save 1.97% (including the 1% GVP cashback) on all international transactions up to 1 lakh in monthly spends. In the case of Regalia/Regalia Gold/DCP cards, you can virtually eliminate markup fees by utilizing GVP. I've been using the GVP with HDFC Infinia credit card for the last 5 years, and I must say, this program has helped me save a substantial amount on all my international transactions.

D₹V

TF Prestige
Most of us didn't know about it.

Recently got to know 🙂, should activate only if international spends are upcoming.

I have an upcoming trip in december my expense would be around 2 lakhs+. I have millenia, amazon pay,axis flipkart , my zone, idfc select, indusind legend credit cards and in dc i have fi card, hdfc platinum and axis priority. I am trying for Scapia but not getting somehow. All suggestions on how should i spend, would be appreciated.

VaporWarrior

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have an upcoming trip in december my expense would be around 2 lakhs+. I have millenia, amazon pay,axis flipkart , my zone, idfc select, indusind legend credit cards and in dc i have fi card, hdfc platinum and axis priority. I am trying for Scapia but not getting somehow. All suggestions on how should i spend, would be appreciated.
From this list, use IndusInd Legend as markup is lower at 1.8+ GST. And then use HDFC Platinum to pay the CC Bill.

Another tip I would suggest is trying to get IndusInd Select/Exclusive account , so you can use its debit card abroad at just 1 percent/Zero Markup for ATM withdrawls.

From this list, use IndusInd Legend as markup is lower at 1.8+ GST. And then use HDFC Platinum to pay the CC Bill.

Another tip I would suggest is trying to get IndusInd Select/Exclusive account , so you can use its debit card abroad at just 1 percent/Zero Markup for ATM withdrawls.
Thanks for sharing!

redcarpet

TF Premier
I got the welcome benefit but not the cashback.

Is this normal or shall I raise a sr enquiring this?

Edit: You get the Global value program cashback the next day after statement date. If ur statement generates on 21st, u get cashback on 22nd

Last edited:

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I spent more than one lac rupees on offline swipe outside India. I ensured that all the swipes were in local currency. However, when I received the statement today, it is showing me a cashback of INR 14 only. I am not sure what is happening here.

drmsiva

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I spent more than one lac rupees on offline swipe outside India. I ensured that all the swipes were in local currency. However, when I received the statement today, it is showing me a cashback of INR 14 only. I am not sure what is happening here.
As mentioned above, you will get it a day or so after the statement date. My statement is generated on 15th and it will be credited on 16th but will show up on 17th of each month only.

HDFC has always credited this promptly each month (till now) as I use my Infinia for international transactions on a regular basis.

chasni

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
As mentioned above, you will get it a day or so after the statement date. My statement is generated on 15th and it will be credited on 16th but will show up on 17th of each month only.

HDFC has always credited this promptly each month (till now) as I use my Infinia for international transactions on a regular basis.
I mean in the credit card statement, it is showing up at INR 14.

catcat

TF Select
I applied for GVP via the imperia call centre, and was given a reference number 2-3 weeks back. But neither have got any intimation by SMS, nor have I been charged any fees? How does one check if its been activated?

drmsiva

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I applied for GVP via the imperia call centre, and was given a reference number 2-3 weeks back. But neither have got any intimation by SMS, nor have I been charged any fees? How does one check if its been activated?
Not sure and can’t recall message or time of fees as it was a while back. Did you check the unbilled transactions? You may want to check with the Infinia customer care again.

catcat

TF Select
I have had an interesting experience on GVP with Infinia. Was visiting Thailand, so asked for GVP a month in advance. They give me a service request number, but no further communication. I call the call centre just before leaving, they're totally clueless about the status of the previous request. Then I email
customerservices.cards, and then there's a revert after 2 days asking me to give my consent on an excel sheet.
Though all this happened after the journey, they actually have 1% value back, after a delay, though they refused to give 500 rp for activation. I escalated, and the person who called me said that GVP was mistakenly enabled for my HDFC swiggy card (though I explicitly said Infinia during the request), and that caused all the mess.

500 rp would be given on the next subsequent transaction, and I am okay with that as I am visiting the UK and France this summer. She also said to notify infinia support/customerservices.cards, so that the rp could be credited.

My general observation with HDFC is that they create good products for the customer, but they goof up where their process isn't fully automated.

yashtag

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Does this work for Tata Neu Infinity CC as well?
I recently contacted the customer service team to activate the Global Value Program (GVP) for my Infinia card. However, I was informed by the customer service agent that GVP is designed to work effectively with core cards and not co-branded card.

am322

TF Select
If you're someone who spends a substantial amount in foreign currency every month, whether it's online transactions or frequent visits to foreign countries involving offline transactions in foreign currencies, you're likely in search of a credit card that offers low markup fees and provides good value on international spending. If that's the case, you need to be aware of the valuable benefit offered by HDFC Bank to its select credit card users.
HDFC Bank boasts a program called the "Global Value Back Program" (GVP), which allows you to earn a 1% cashback on all your international expenses. Let's delve deeper into this program.

HDFC Bank GVP.png

Global Value Back Program (GVP) is accessible to both retail and business credit card holders of HDFC Bank. When you enroll in this program, you're entitled to receive a 1% direct cashback, credited to your credit card statement for all your international expenditures.

Charges:
Joining/Annual Fees: Rs. 199 + GST

Welcome Benefit:
500 Bonus Reward Points on your first international transaction during the first year. This feature is not available upon renewal.​
Cashback Rate: 1%
Cashback Cap:
Rs. 1000 per statement cycle. This means if you spend 1 lakh in a statement cycle, you'll receive a maximum cashback of Rs. 1000.
Milestone Benefit:
Receive Rs. 2,000/- worth of Yatra, Cleartrip, or MakeMyTrip vouchers once you accumulate international spends of Rs. 1,50,000/- in a year. This feature is available once a year.

Offer Eligibility:
  1. Must be an Indian Citizen.
  2. Applicable to HDFC Bank Credit Card customers (Applicable on Retail & Business Cards only; Corporate and Commercial cards are excluded).
Exclusions:
Merchants dealing in Gaming, Betting, Gambling, and ATM cash withdrawal are not eligible for cashback.
How to Avail GVP:
Call HDFC Bank customer care and request them to activate the Global Value Back Program (GVP) on your credit card. You will receive an SMS confirmation of activation within 3 to 5 days.

The Global Value Back program is an exceptional value-added service provided by HDFC Bank to its customers. If you hold an HDFC Infinia or DCB card and frequently make international transactions, this service is highly recommended. By using GVP in conjunction with an Infinia/DCB card for international transactions, you can save 1.97% (including the 1% GVP cashback) on all international transactions up to 1 lakh in monthly spends. In the case of Regalia/Regalia Gold/DCP cards, you can virtually eliminate markup fees by utilizing GVP. I've been using the GVP with HDFC Infinia credit card for the last 5 years, and I must say, this program has helped me save a substantial amount on all my international transactions.
Hi Sumanta, do we get rewards if we transact in India like applying for a Visa from?
Thanks in advance!!