• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to decide which hotel to transfer edge reward points?

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is my first time trying to transfer creditcard points to hotel loyalty points.All these chain Marriort, ITC, Accor all have multiple hotels listed in them. So how do we decide which hotel to book?
Like say I'm planning for a trip to Rajasthan or Singapore, do I have to use google maps or booking.com to first figure out which all hotels are there and then list down the names of the hotels I like and then come back each of these chains to figure out where those hotels are listed and then finally transfer pionts accordinly and make the booking?
Apologies if I'm asking a very basic question, it's just that it's my first time and when I see you members talk on the forum like experts, I wonder am I the only one who has no idea on how to get this done.
Any help here in explaining this woud be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Raf

NikhilTravelLover

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is no single best answer here. It depends on numerous factors. Let me give you my example.

I am also new to hotels loyalty programe and recently booked a hotel by ITC.

1. Locations- I used google maps to filter out the hotels available for my chosen locations. I planned this time a South Goa locations. So filtered out all the hotel of Marriot, ITC, Accor, etc. My priorty was beach front property. So I norrowed down my search to few hotels.
2. Points requirements- Almost every hotel loyalty progrramme is dynamic in nature. So we have to check manually for speicfic dates. Then see which property gives a good value back.(Register for all the loyalty programmes avalaible, its free, then only you will be able to see how many points are required for booking).
For me Marriottt was asking high points, Accor and ITC gave a good values. I selected ITC.
3.Other points such as travel time from Airport, nearby recreational activities, Transportation availability will norrow down your search.

I am very new like you. Others can give better valuable feedbacks.

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There is no single best answer here. It depends on numerous factors. Let me give you my example.

1. Locations- I used google maps to filter out the hotels available for my chosen locations. I planned this time a South Goa locations. So filtered out all the hotel of Marriot, ITC, Accor, etc. My priorty was beach front property. So I norrowed down my search to few hotels.
2. Points requirements- Almost every hotel loyalty progrramme is dynamic in nature. So we have to check manually for speicfic dates. Then see which property gives a good value back.(Register for all the loyalty programmes avalaible, its free, then only you will be able to see how many points are required for booking).
For me Marriottt was asking high points, Accor and ITC gave a good values. I selected ITC.
3.Other points such as travel time from Airport, nearby recreational activities, Transportation availability will norrow down your search.

i am also new like you entered in CC reward this year and i am interested more in hotels reward programmes especially luxury ones. till date was spending buck to book rooms
but trying to explore more and more and everyday i read here learn new something
thanks for your post gave a way to narrow down ;)

rafzy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Thanks a lot mate for explaining. That looks like a sensible approach. Will follow :)