• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to change default UPI linked to primary account

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Before few months, I was using ICICI as salary account and I could set mobilenumber@xxxxx, etc as my UPI ID. Since I have moved to HDFC as salary account now it doesn't allow mobilenumber@xxxx instead I can create other ones. I tried deleting UPI ID and re-creating but mobilenumber@xxxx, ignore linking ICICI bank account to the UPI ID apps, etc but it always links to ICICI. Is there a way I can map mobile number UPI ID to my HDFC account without adding -1, -2 etc at the end?

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Before few months, I was using ICICI as salary account and I could set mobilenumber@xxxxx, etc as my UPI ID. Since I have moved to HDFC as salary account now it doesn't allow mobilenumber@xxxx instead I can create other ones. I tried deleting UPI ID and re-creating but mobilenumber@xxxx, ignore linking ICICI bank account to the UPI ID apps, etc but it always links to ICICI. Is there a way I can map mobile number UPI ID to my HDFC account without adding -1, -2 etc at the end?
It you're talking about Gpay here, then that's their system. Once any UPI ID is allocated to an account, it's permanent.

There are plenty of good apps out there which can help you set your Mobile Number as UPI ID, tbh, it's the Default ID now in every app. You can also set your Mobile Number as UPI number in any app now, meaning, if someone enters your Mobile number, the system automatically recognises your UPI ID.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Once any UPI ID is allocated to an account, it's permanent
This is what I wanted to know.
There are plenty of good apps out there which can help you set your Mobile Number as UPI ID, tbh, it's the Default ID now in every app.
Yes this is very helpful for elders who want to send me money but they are not very tech savvy to know about UPI ID oprions in any app. They just send to contact which only has mobile number saved.

Thanks 👍🏼