• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rupay credit card linked to UPI - transaction limit setting.

shivkumar

TF Select
Is anyone aware if it is possible to set transaction limit for rupay card linked to upi for payment through upi mode.

I have ICICI rupay & unable to find any transaction limit setting or UPI in their website.

helloworld

TF Legend
If anyone is aware in domestic there are 3 modes atm/pos/online. Which one is used for upi.

AFAIK in Indian Banks:

Online - where you enter card details and OTP (e.g., amzn, Fk etc. - virtual stores).
Merchant Outlets / POS - where you swipe the card and enter PIN (e.g., QR, Trends, DMart etc. - physical stores).
Tap&Pay / Contactless / Tokenized - where you scan, touch and pay (e.g., NFC, Samsung Pay etc. - both physical and virtual stores).

ATM - turnoff, don't use, never think about it (unless its very very very emergency and no backup available at that time, still think 5 times before using).

Last edited:

shivkumar

TF Select
I
Any Indian Bank:

Online - where you enter card details and OTP (e.g., amzn, Fk etc. - virtual stores).
Merchant Outlets / POS - where you swipe the card and enter PIN (e.g., Trends, DMart etc. - physical stores).
Tap&Pay / Contactless / Tokenized - where you scan, touch and pay (e.g., QR, NFC, Samsung Pay etc. - both physical and virtual stores).

ATM - turnoff, don't use, never think about it (unless its very very very emergency and no backup available at that time, still think 5 times before using).
Is merchant outlet/ pos limit used for upi

akshayhs

TF Ace
Limits and controls are meant for swiping or using credit cards online in the traditional sense.
Credit on UPI does not necessarily abide by those rules, because a UPI based credit transaction involves totally different architecture and protocols.

What do I mean by this? Even if you disable everything in-app on on the website, you scan a QR code that accepts payments via credit cards, the transaction will go through.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
Limits and controls are meant for swiping or using credit cards online in the traditional sense.
Credit on UPI does not necessarily abide by those rules, because a UPI based credit transaction involves totally different architecture and protocols.

What do I mean by this? Even if you disable everything in-app on on the website, you scan a QR code that accepts payments via credit cards, the transaction will go through.
Mine got unccessful when I disabled all modes I got e-mail from ICICI bank that enabled transaction
After that I enabled POS mode transaction got successful

shivkumar

TF Select
Mine got unccessful when I disabled all modes I got e-mail from ICICI bank that enabled transaction
After that I enabled POS mode transaction got successful
Just to clarify when u disabled all modes the transaction was rejected.

When u enabled only pos the transaction went through.