• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How long it takes to get Kotak Pre-Approved CC offers for new 811 account?

StanRoute66

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just a few days ago , I opened Kotak 811 Account . What is the general timeframe for me to start getting LTF Credit Card offers ? I will be using this account for paying my CC Bills for now .
So , Kindly Share your Experiences in this thread and tell us what Pre-approved card did you get as a 811 Customer ? also let me know if there is a process to get LTF White Card Upgrade from another Kotak Credit Card ?

Solution
Just a few days ago , I opened Kotak 811 Account . What is the general timeframe for me to start getting LTF Credit Card offers ? I will be using this account for paying my CC Bills for now .
So , Kindly Share your Experiences in this thread and tell us what Pre-approved card did you get as a 811 Customer ? also let me know if there is a process to get LTF White Card Upgrade from another Kotak Credit Card ?
Minimum six months required to get pre approved card, myself opened account with Kotak on 2019 within six months received preapproved league platinum card offer hence I applied process as usual same physical verification was happened both office and residence card application submit to receipt of card is 15 days, now they...

AsB

TF Ace
I am trying my luck with Kotak, even though I dont have an account with them. Kotak Legend is not showing unless I select a higher income group in the dropdown list.

AsB

TF Ace
Open an 811 0 balance account
What's the issue

You might get white/Royal signature LTF
The issue is :-
I had opened Kotak 811 account, in 2019. But, the person did not complete KYC despite me trying a lot of times. I also went to the bank, but they didn't complete KYC there as well. Said, a bank executive has to visit the person and take thumb impression. At that time, Video KYC was barely a thing.

Now, I am unable to re-open that account again.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Bhai. Tell me one thing while opening 811 account i think they ask for income details and all. If i select student and income less than 1lac. Any problem will come for pre-approved offers?
Yes... Select salaried and above 5 lakh income... In pre approved offers nobody asks for income documents

The issue is :-
I had opened Kotak 811 account, in 2019. But, the person did not complete KYC despite me trying a lot of times. I also went to the bank, but they didn't complete KYC there as well. Said, a bank executive has to visit the person and take thumb impression. At that time, Video KYC was barely a thing.

Now, I am unable to re-open that account again.
Kotak 811 once closed can't be reopened... Now you have to open any normal account with them...

Bob78900

TF Premier
Yes... Select salaried and above 5 lakh income... In pre approved offers nobody asks for income documents
No i though I'll get offers according to the information i filled while applying for 811. What is person opening account is unemployed and is a student with no income what should he fill in that case? The legit details or fake details?

AsB

TF Ace
No i though I'll get offers according to the information i filled while applying for 811. What is person opening account is unemployed and is a student with no income what should he fill in that case? The legit details or fake details?
Dont select student. Select salaried, and give the annual income based on how much you can spend in a year. Example- if you can spend 1 lakh in a year, select income between 2-3 or even 3-4 lpa. If you spend 1 lpa and you select income between 6- 7 lpa, banks may not give you pre-approved easily.

Bob78900

TF Premier
Dont select student. Select salaried, and give the annual income based on how much you can spend in a year. Example- if you can spend 1 lakh in a year, select income between 2-3 or even 3-4 lpa. If you spend 1 lpa and you select income between 6- 7 lpa, banks may not give you pre-approved easily.
But why I have enter fake details?

zealot

TF Premier
No in my case i have taken a secured cc from ICICI however I have also get pre approved offer from ICICI but due to my age I'm un able to claim it🥺
Same with my case I had a FD card in ICICI for 6 months after I got Coral. I don't know about Kotak but my friend applied for CC and they said get FD Card. He had CIBIL of 740 on that time.

Arcade

TF Buzz
Got Hdfc pre approved in 6months, but Icici pre approved in 1 + yr. Reason of this chane- salary was mentioned less in icici
I chose student and the lowest income slab while opening my HDFC account but got the pre-approved offer in 4 months, don't think it really matters.

AsB

TF Ace
I chose student and the lowest income slab while opening my HDFC account but got the pre-approved offer in 4 months, don't think it really matters.
It all really depends on the spends and the target they need to achieve. I remember SBI denying me an ATM card before I turned 18. But, I moved back to my home town, transferred my account to the second newly launched branch, and got the ATM instantly, although with lesser spends limits. However, if you have selected salaried, you will have a better card, and more offers/upgrades will come easier.

AsB

TF Ace
And btw, you were talking about pre-approved credit cards, right? Because HDFC gives other pre-approved offers very very easily.