• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Home loan transfer at 2.1 spread

Mr. Aman

TF Select
hlo guys
today the axis bank employee says the can give a BT of my home loan and od
at 8.6 for hl and 8.85 for od on same property is this possible the can do the od at that much low because currently od is running at 9.5 from icici is there can be any missaleing by axis employees please guide me guys and share your experience regarding axis bank for home loan
thanks in advance

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Banks do offer promotional rates for BT, but most will give discounted rate for first 3 months for new customers and then rates would change. I suggest you negotiate using this axis offer with your current lender as well. Few more things to consider
  • What's the Reference rate your loan is linked to : Repo or MCLR / Base rate? Get in writing what will be your reference rate, spread to reference rate that will be used to calculate your rate of interest.
  • What are the other costs (even with 0 balance transfer fees, depending on your state end up paying 0.3-0.5% on duties and taxes, which means you need to calculate how long it will take of you to recover those costs via the drop in interest rates.

Last edited:

sheru

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
hlo guys
today the axis bank employee says the can give a BT of my home loan and od
at 8.6 for hl and 8.85 for od on same property is this possible the can do the od at that much low because currently od is running at 9.5 from icici is there can be any missaleing by axis employees please guide me guys and share your experience regarding axis bank for home loan
thanks in advance
You can get BT
@8.35% for 80% funding
OR
Max @8.60% for 95% funding
if your CIBIL is above 780

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have home loan from idfc, 2.5% above repo rate which makes it 9%.
Cibil - 811

I have never seen any successful negotiation once the rate is set.
Do they really come down?

Mr. Aman

TF Select
Banks do offer promotional rates for BT, but most will give discounted rate for first 3 months for new customers and then rates would change. I suggest you negotiate using this axis offer with your current lender as well. Few more things to consider
  • What's the Reference rate your loan is linked to : Repo or MCLR / Base rate? Get in writing what will be your reference rate, spread to reference rate that will be used to calculate your rate of interest.
  • What are the other costs (even with 0 balance transfer fees, depending on your state end up paying 0.3-0.5% on duties and taxes, which means you need to calculate how long it will take of you to recover those costs via the drop in interest rates.
in current state icici giveed me home loan at 8.85 , and od at 9.8 the loan outstanding is 44.5 lakh and od of 30,00,000 this is the all which is currently running and now
axis Bank offers me home loan bt at 8.6 and od at 8.85 is with the fees of around 25000,
this is the whole can u guys please suggest what do now currently emi going 47800 around.

CC-Muncher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
in current state icici giveed me home loan at 8.85 , and od at 9.8 the loan outstanding is 44.5 lakh and od of 30,00,000 this is the all which is currently running and now
axis Bank offers me home loan bt at 8.6 and od at 8.85 is with the fees of around 25000,
this is the whole can u guys please suggest what do now currently emi going 47800 around.
Will they offer same if someone does not need OD

Mr. Aman

TF Select
please give me advice or your opinion and your
past experience is with axis bank

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
There lowest spread (if CIBIL score is 780-800 or above) is 1.85% and that amounts to the best interest rate of 8.35% - HDFC is known to offer these rates to at least 2-3 different people on this very forum over the last month. You should use this as the benchmark and hard negotiate with your existing bank.. it's a big Win even if you get to 8.5-8.6% with your existing bank instead of a transfer, they are always a pain.

Don't transfer if the gains are under 0.9-1% is the general rule that we follow - may not be the best for everyone because it clearly depends on all the different variables of your loan. Do the calculation on how much you will save vs. the overall cost of transfer (including the efforts) and you'll have the answer

technom

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Spoke to IDFC branch manager and he denied any further decrease in rates. He said 9.05 is the best they are offering to anyone and i am getting 9%.

I told them i am getting 8.5 from axis and they said you can take axis offer, it will save you more 🤦
Did you try talking to home loan customer care, they may be better equipped on current offers