• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Citibank to Axis Home Loan migration/ TBLR to Repo rate Conversion

Hi guys. My Home Loan was with Citibank and was linked to the 3 months TBLR with a Spread of 1.76.
Now that Axis Bank has taken over Citibank, I've received their communication for conversion to Repo rate linked loan wherein they will keep the Spread to match the total RoI.

To illustrate, this is what they're asking me to consent to:
1712735121491.png

The current outstanding is around 1.39 Cr with balance tenure of 206 months.

Do you guys think this is a good idea - to convert from 3 months TBLR to Repo Rate linked HL as mandated by Axis Bank?
I'm just thinking since TBLR was reset every 3 months while Repo linked loans might be reset only once a year, it would be a worse move to move to Repo rate linked HL.

Alternatively, I can BT this loan elsewhere, so if you guys would like to suggest which lender to go to, it would be very helpful.
Especially if this HL transfer might also give more preferred/ wealth benefits in terms of NRV requirements and help me get better products like super premium credit cards etc. I currently have a LTF DCB plastic (alumni offer) and gunning for Infinia, so maybe moving to HDFC would be better?

I seek you invaluable suggestions and recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi guys. My Home Loan was with Citibank and was linked to the 3 months TBLR with a Spread of 1.76.
Now that Axis Bank has taken over Citibank, I've received their communication for conversion to Repo rate linked loan wherein they will keep the Spread to match the total RoI.

To illustrate, this is what they're asking me to consent to:
1712735121491.png

The current outstanding is around 1.39 Cr with balance tenure of 206 months.

Do you guys think this is a good idea - to convert from 3 months TBLR to Repo Rate linked HL as mandated by Axis Bank?
I'm just thinking since TBLR was reset every 3 months while Repo linked loans might be reset only once a year, it would be a worse move to move to Repo rate linked HL.

Alternatively, I can BT this loan elsewhere, so if you guys would like to suggest which lender to go to, it would be very helpful.
Especially if this HL transfer might also give more preferred/ wealth benefits in terms of NRV requirements and help me get better products like super premium credit cards etc. I currently have a LTF DCB plastic (alumni offer) and gunning for Infinia, so maybe moving to HDFC would be better?

I seek you invaluable suggestions and recommendations. Thanks in advance!
Repo rate loans also reset regularly not once a year.. Repo rate is more reliable and publicly available.. No issues in moving it to repo.. if you BT it then icici / kotak can be good options. HDFC is also great.. TIP : This maybe a good time for you to renegotiate your rate.. banks are now at 8.35/8.4..So push for lower rate and lesser spread.. HSBC and SCB are also aggressive and you may get a premium CC