• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help Required for Early Loan Foreclosure From bank

Card_Maddy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out about something that's been on my mind lately. One of my close friends recently found himself in a tough spot. He took out a Personal loan of 7.5 lakhs, and paid back 3.5 lakhs, but unfortunately, he lost job. Now, he is contemplating closing the loan by dipping into savings and arranging funds, as he do not want to avoid accruing more interest.

We've been discussing their options, and it seems like consulting the bank was the logical first step. However, they were shocked to find out that the bank is charging a hefty percentage to close the loan early. This has left them feeling quite overwhelmed, to say the least.

So, I'm turning to you all for advice. Has anyone been in a similar situation or knows of any strategies to negotiate a waiver of these charges? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My friend is hoping to find a solution that won't leave them drowning in additional fees. Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited
1) HDFC bank, Roi is 11.75% P.A, tenure 48 Months. Foreclosing charge they are asking is 4.2%.
+ it has been a year.

Best regards,
Card_Maddy.

Last edited:

MrJJ

TF Premier

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I wanted to reach out about something that's been on my mind lately. One of my close friends recently found himself in a tough spot. He took out a Personal loan of 7.5 lakhs, and paid back 3.5 lakhs, but unfortunately, he lost job. Now, he is contemplating closing the loan by dipping into savings and arranging funds, as he do not want to avoid accruing more interest.

We've been discussing their options, and it seems like consulting the bank was the logical first step. However, they were shocked to find out that the bank is charging a hefty percentage to close the loan early. This has left them feeling quite overwhelmed, to say the least.

So, I'm turning to you all for advice. Has anyone been in a similar situation or knows of any strategies to negotiate a waiver of these charges? Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My friend is hoping to find a solution that won't leave them drowning in additional fees. Thank you in advance for your help!

Edited
1) HDFC bank, Roi is 11.75% P.A, tenure 48 Months. Foreclosing charge they are asking is 4.2%.
+ it has been a year.

Best regards,
Card_Maddy.
If the loan is above 10Lacs, then foreclosure charges is 0 for HDFC.