• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help in getting a SCB bank CC approval.

diablorojo8

TF Select
So a bit about me, I have a total of 17 cards right now.
My highest credit limit is 15lakhs on HDFC Bank on Diners Black.
My CIBIL score is 788.
I've been trying to get a standard chartered Bank credit card for a while now, and its a rejection everytime. I've tried applying online and with various cards like Smart, EasyMyTrip, Rewards and even Ultimate. It's an application rejection everytime.

Anyone has a tip to get that approval?

BlueBr@t

TF Buzz
Well, well, this thread has been immensely helpful for me. Read all the suggestions, and decided to apply via bank representative instead of going the online way. It was a pretty long wait; the systems did not give any update about my application. I almost gave up on this card, but suddenly (almost 20days later), my application is approved, and I have it in my hand! Got it in the first shot. Thanks for all the help.

diablorojo8

TF Select
Well, well, this thread has been immensely helpful for me. Read all the suggestions, and decided to apply via bank representative instead of going the online way. It was a pretty long wait; the systems did not give any update about my application. I almost gave up on this card, but suddenly (almost 20days later), my application is approved, and I have it in my hand! Got it in the first shot. Thanks for all the help.
Did you go to the branch and apply there?

CardSeeker

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Card variant

krishc

TF Ace
Although, you can't force them to approve a card, but you can definitely force them to disclose the reason for declining it... RBI Ombudsman to your rescue.
You may read my experience here: https://www.desidime.com/discussion...a-pre-approved-offers-now?page=4#post_8198081
Make sure you follow the process: ie. first level is customer care, then nodal, then principal nodal, and finally when no-one has agreed to disclose the reason, file an rbi ombudsman (post 30 days from first mail to cc with all proof of mails in attachment), and then just chill XD

RBI circular BC.65 /09.07.005/2006-07 clearly states "The banks are required to inform the reason for rejection of credit card applications as per the extant RBI guidelines"
I had this kind of experience with SBI regarding VIstara card.
Although I didn't do the proper step by step escalation and directly escalated to PNO.
But got same generic reply twice and then I wrote back saying unless they tell me the specific reason, I'll escalate to RBI Ombudsman.
Then somebody from their team called me and said the reason is that I already have another SBI card.
This is a purely nonsense reason because there are so many people holding 2 SBI credit cards and some even 3.
Now, is it possible for me to raise the issue to RBI Ombudsman ?
I must admit that, due to recent research and sbi behaviour overall in savings account and the other card, I've lost interest in that card and not interested in getting it, in fact plan to close all my relationships with sbi within a quarter.

Avishma1

TF Select
So a bit about me, I have a total of 17 cards right now.
My highest credit limit is 15lakhs on HDFC Bank on Diners Black.
My CIBIL score is 788.
I've been trying to get a standard chartered Bank credit card for a while now, and its a rejection everytime. I've tried applying online and with various cards like Smart, EasyMyTrip, Rewards and even Ultimate. It's an application rejection everytime.

Anyone has a tip to get that approval?
I have salary account with them and never faces any issue with card approval. I'm currently holding 2 cards with SCB and every year they waive off the Annual membership fees whenever I have asked for from last 4 years.

BlueFlash

TF Premier
I had this kind of experience with SBI regarding VIstara card.
Although I didn't do the proper step by step escalation and directly escalated to PNO.
But got same generic reply twice and then I wrote back saying unless they tell me the specific reason, I'll escalate to RBI Ombudsman.
Then somebody from their team called me and said the reason is that I already have another SBI card.
This is a purely nonsense reason because there are so many people holding 2 SBI credit cards and some even 3.
Now, is it possible for me to raise the issue to RBI Ombudsman ?
I must admit that, due to recent research and sbi behaviour overall in savings account and the other card, I've lost interest in that card and not interested in getting it, in fact plan to close all my relationships with sbi within a quarter.
Since the bank has given you a reason (doesn't matter if it's crap), they have followed the RBI guidelines, hence RBI Ombudsman won't be of much help. The RBI rule just states that they need to give you a reason, the bank can give any reason and that's just fine, you can't do much, because it's the banks final decision to approve a card or not. However, let's say just for the sake of argument you still want to argue with them, you can definitely ask them to state that same reason in mail, and then continue replying to that mail, that holding one card shouldn't be straight-forward reason to reject, and continue that thread, till you get a valid reason (which you think is correct from your perspective), else reach to RBI Ombudsman, but again the Ombudsman will most probably reject it since the bank is not at fault. IMO it will just be a waste of time, unless you are really persistent and just want to irritate them XD

krishc

TF Ace
Since the bank has given you a reason (doesn't matter if it's crap), they have followed the RBI guidelines, hence RBI Ombudsman won't be of much help. The RBI rule just states that they need to give you a reason, the bank can give any reason and that's just fine, you can't do much, because it's the banks final decision to approve a card or not. However, let's say just for the sake of argument you still want to argue with them, you can definitely ask them to state that same reason in mail, and then continue replying to that mail, that holding one card shouldn't be straight-forward reason to reject, and continue that thread, till you get a valid reason (which you think is correct from your perspective), else reach to RBI Ombudsman, but again the Ombudsman will most probably reject it since the bank is not at fault. IMO it will just be a waste of time, unless you are really persistent and just want to irritate them XD
me too had the similar impression
that's why I hadn't done anything although more than a month has passed