• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help in getting a SCB bank CC approval.

diablorojo8

TF Select
So a bit about me, I have a total of 17 cards right now.
My highest credit limit is 15lakhs on HDFC Bank on Diners Black.
My CIBIL score is 788.
I've been trying to get a standard chartered Bank credit card for a while now, and its a rejection everytime. I've tried applying online and with various cards like Smart, EasyMyTrip, Rewards and even Ultimate. It's an application rejection everytime.

Anyone has a tip to get that approval?

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
My CIBIL score is 788.
I've been trying to get a standard chartered Bank credit card for a while now, and its a rejection everytime. I've tried applying online and with various cards like Smart, EasyMyTrip, Rewards and even Ultimate. It's an application rejection everytime.

On the same boat :(

Akshay9512

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My CIBIL score is 788.

Same here, my Cibil is , after Cibil enquiry they immediately reject my card

diablorojo8

TF Select
"We understand from your communication that you would like to know the reason for non-approval of your application for a Standard Chartered Bank credit card. As you know, every Bank is governed by its own internal policies on the basis of which credit facilities are extended to its customers/applicants. We also wish to add that these policies are totally internal and we are unable to share any details regarding the same."

V360

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Get a savings account and you will get a pre-approved offer in 6 months to 1 year if you have good cibil score and track record. Done and dusted, it is the trick I used and suggested to many who got SCB cards.
I closed 2 savings account in SCB and then applied for a CC. Initially it was rejected. Escalated and got the CC immediately.
Right method is too escalate incase your payment history, CIBIL and other aspects are on track :)

BlueFlash

TF Premier
"We understand from your communication that you would like to know the reason for non-approval of your application for a Standard Chartered Bank credit card. As you know, every Bank is governed by its own internal policies on the basis of which credit facilities are extended to its customers/applicants. We also wish to add that these policies are totally internal and we are unable to share any details regarding the same."
Although, you can't force them to approve a card, but you can definitely force them to disclose the reason for declining it... RBI Ombudsman to your rescue.
You may read my experience here: https://www.desidime.com/discussion...a-pre-approved-offers-now?page=4#post_8198081
Make sure you follow the process: ie. first level is customer care, then nodal, then principal nodal, and finally when no-one has agreed to disclose the reason, file an rbi ombudsman (post 30 days from first mail to cc with all proof of mails in attachment), and then just chill XD

RBI circular BC.65 /09.07.005/2006-07 clearly states "The banks are required to inform the reason for rejection of credit card applications as per the extant RBI guidelines"

BUDHRAJ

TF Premier
Although, you can't force them to approve a card, but you can definitely force them to disclose the reason for declining it... RBI Ombudsman to your rescue.
You may read my experience here: https://www.desidime.com/discussion...a-pre-approved-offers-now?page=4#post_8198081
Make sure you follow the process: ie. first level is customer care, then nodal, then principal nodal, and finally when no-one has agreed to disclose the reason, file an rbi ombudsman (post 30 days from first mail to cc with all proof of mails in attachment), and then just chill XD

RBI circular BC.65 /09.07.005/2006-07 clearly states "The banks are required to inform the reason for rejection of credit card applications as per the extant RBI guidelines"
Asked BOB and SBI mentioning this rbi circular but all they said is "purely buisness decision or internal policies", even escalated to top authority still same reply..

BlueFlash

TF Premier
Asked BOB and SBI mentioning this rbi circular but all they said is "purely buisness decision or internal policies", even escalated to top authority still same reply..
Did you raise a RBI Ombudsman ? For BoB, I had mailed multiple times to cc then crm then escalations then nodal then pno and heck even to their md/ceo (don't ask how I got his email XD) but all the time, same response as yours. Finally complained in RBI, and lo behold, got a call next morning with the top cc head apologizing, and by the evening had the card approved and dispatched. But again, as I said, they are only bound to tell the exact reason, not to approve it.

deep@vie

TF Legend
My CIBIL score is 788.

Go via C2C