• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Help in getting a SCB bank CC approval.

diablorojo8

TF Select
So a bit about me, I have a total of 17 cards right now.
My highest credit limit is 15lakhs on HDFC Bank on Diners Black.
My CIBIL score is 788.
I've been trying to get a standard chartered Bank credit card for a while now, and its a rejection everytime. I've tried applying online and with various cards like Smart, EasyMyTrip, Rewards and even Ultimate. It's an application rejection everytime.

Anyone has a tip to get that approval?

0xfallup

TF Ace
Get a savings account and you will get a pre-approved offer in 6 months to 1 year if you have good cibil score and track record. Done and dusted, it is the trick I used and suggested to many who got SCB cards.
i recently opened a account ,,,can u please explain more about your average balance maintained, what card u were offered and what was the limit etc,etc ...thank you :)

rogerthat

TF Ace
Will it be easier to get a SCB card if we open a modest FD (say, a lakh) or/and an RD (let's say 10K for 2 years)? Their interest rates are very attractive. Much better than HDFC, ICICI, Axis, etc.

diablorojo8

TF Select
Reapplied again after some gap.
Saw the thread for LTF Rewards card and just got a message that my application is approved.

This SC card and HSBC were two of hardest card for me to get approved. I am at 23 cards now :)

I must have applied SC 6-7 times.
HSBC 4-5 times.

It is true that HSBC and SC are cards you get early and not when you already have 15 cards.

I think they have relaxed the application criteria at this time so best to get a LTF Rewards card or get the oneplus buds and smart credit card.

srpraneeth

TF Buzz
Reapplied again after some gap.
Saw the thread for LTF Rewards card and just got a message that my application is approved.

This SC card and HSBC were two of hardest card for me to get approved. I am at 23 cards now :)

I must have applied SC 6-7 times.
HSBC 4-5 times.

It is true that HSBC and SC are cards you get early and not when you already have 15 cards.

I think they have relaxed the application criteria at this time so best to get a LTF Rewards card or get the oneplus buds and smart credit card.
Have you applied through agent or online and when did you received verification call if verification call came and I think you have done video kyc and tell me when you apply and when you done video kyc and when your card got approved on the same day of video kyc ??

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
for c2c can a person with no relationship go there and get the card it take 1 month for approval that cool ,that much better then to apply online and see rejection cause they don't don't give cc to self-employed, just want one card from SCB and HSBC cause i haven't had a chance to hold either one of them cause their policy.

diablorojo8

TF Select
Have you applied through agent or online and when did you received verification call if verification call came and I think you have done video kyc and tell me when you apply and when you done video kyc and when your card got approved on the same day of video kyc ??
Online on their official website.
I applied saturday.
Got a aadhar kyc message today and a phone call where they reverified the entire application.

Got a kyc link after 2 hours, completed that.
1 hour later got an email for approval.

diablorojo8

TF Select
I
for c2c can a person with no relationship go there and get the card it take 1 month for approval that cool ,that much better then to apply online and see rejection cause they don't don't give cc to self-employed, just want one card from SCB and HSBC cause i haven't had a chance to hold either one of them cause their policy.
I am certain hsbc only gives to salaried employees.
SC i dont know, I was thinking of applying for a cousin who is self employer as the Oneplus Earbuds is a great offer.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I

I am certain hsbc only gives to salaried employees.
SC i dont know, I was thinking of applying for a cousin who is self employer as the Oneplus Earbuds is a great offer.
i did apply before for smart cc FYF with oneplus nod buds offer was there, mine was rejected and had a word with the executive saying they don't give cc to self employer

diablorojo8

TF Select
i did apply before for smart cc FYF with oneplus nod buds offer was there, mine was rejected and had a word with the executive saying they don't give cc to self employer
Will see. It is looking like they relaxed the criterias.
Last time i got calls from outsourced phone numbers and people.
This time I got it from actual SC phone numbers.

srpraneeth

TF Buzz
Online on their official website.
I applied saturday.
Got a aadhar kyc message today and a phone call where they reverified the entire application.

Got a kyc link after 2 hours, completed that.
1 hour later got an email for approval.
How many enquiries in past three months and when did you received call mrng or afternoon