• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Smartbuy - Flight booking hidden advantage

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

Most of us are aware that flights/hotel prices on HDFC Smartbuy are generally higher/same(without scope of additional discounts) compare to travel sites like Makemytrip etc.

But based on my recent flight bookings, I noticed that flights booked via Smartbuy comes with added advantage of Free preferred seat selection and also complimentary meal.
I booked across Indigo & SpiceJet and both the bookings provided me free seat selection and a Veg meal :)

So I think if the discounts on travel sites are not more than 400-500 one side then Smartbuy will be better to book flights with above added combos :)
Again there is no guarantee if Seat Selection & Free meal will be provided on every ticket booked since it is no where mentioned whenever we book flight on Smartbuy.

Anyone else experienced the same as above please share your experience.

satyamkaushik

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Have booked multiple air tickets in the past through Smart Buy but never got free seat selection or meal.

Which partner (EaseMyTrip/Yatra etc.) did you choose while making the booking?

Rishabh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can you share at what step in booking flight, you got an option of free meal ?
I am hoping seat selection part is at the time of Web Check in... right?
When i checked Manage booking on Spicejet & Indigo, it was mentioned Meal included. And on Seat selection page i was not charged to select front seats.

gourab1109

TF Neo
Can anyone please tell me that where can i select my seats post booking of flight tickets through smartbuy? I did it from goibibo. First of all, they are still saying that the ticket confirmation isn't yet done. My points are also redeemed already. If the tickets dont go through, do i get a refund of the points as well as the amount I paid by my CC? And if the tickets are confirmed, where do I get to select my seats and meal? I didn't get an option over here for the same.

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can anyone please tell me that where can i select my seats post booking of flight tickets through smartbuy? I did it from goibibo. First of all, they are still saying that the ticket confirmation isn't yet done. My points are also redeemed already. If the tickets dont go through, do i get a refund of the points as well as the amount I paid by my CC? And if the tickets are confirmed, where do I get to select my seats and meal? I didn't get an option over here for the same.
Usually whenever I book I get a PNR on the number I shared during booking. If you have the PNR then you can easily check on the airline site for further steps.

stech18

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How can we buy tickets with flexi fare(comes with cheap cancellation and free rescheduling)? I don’t see any option for that.
Another way is to buy MMT coupon using Infinia and use it.

Enthusiast

TF Premier
Today i booked a ticket in smartbuy through Easemytrip. I didn't get an option to book a seat. What should i do now? I tried to visit indigo site for web check in but the ticket is for June month. Any other alternative way to book a seat.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Today i booked a ticket in smartbuy through Easemytrip. I didn't get an option to book a seat. What should i do now? I tried to visit indigo site for web check in but the ticket is for June month. Any other alternative way to book a seat.
Why you want to book a seat for flight which is in June :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: . You can book seat once web check in starts.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have had similar random encounters where free seat/meal was offered booking from a normal site while it wasn't offered the next time.

The explanation of sites offering us the corporate fares when cheaper automatically seems like the most probable answer.
There are no other dots to connect as the process being followed for booking is always the same.