• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Big difference in flight ticket booking in smartbuy vs direct site

sanjaynandi

TF Select
I checked flight CCU to BKK. see below.
checked in cleartrip. Now, if you have any CC with cashback like SBI etc. u get cashback here.
1683721109198.png

checked same flight in HDFC smartbuy to use Regalia reward points. see below.
1683721177599.png
they have higher ticket price. + 99 + gst redemption fee.
there is convienence fee of 1399 which is totally extra becz we are buying from smartbuy.

both done incognito mode. you can try and see if difference is there.
so, in my opinion, hdfc bank is giving extra reward point but their final price is higher.
so, its an illusion of saving money.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I checked flight CCU to BKK. see below.
checked in cleartrip. Now, if you have any CC with cashback like SBI etc. u get cashback here.
1683721109198.png

checked same flight in HDFC smartbuy to use Regalia reward points. see below.
1683721177599.png
they have higher ticket price. + 99 + gst redemption fee.
there is convienence fee of 1399 which is totally extra becz we are buying from smartbuy.

both done incognito mode. you can try and see if difference is there.
so, in my opinion, hdfc bank is giving extra reward point but their final price is higher.
so, its an illusion of saving money.
Clear trip will also add convenience fee once you move forward just before payment. Check it out.

pgarg24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I often found that booking through smartbuy using reward points is only worth it if you have either a huge amount of points or use dcb or infinia(since 1RR = 1 Rs)

Regalia have 0.5 reward point conversion for flight tickets so it doesn't affect ticket price much in my opinion considering we can apply coupon code and get 5% cb on sbi cashback card or other CC if booked directly on any website.

When I had regalia, I saved up points and when I got dcb, those points got transferred to dcb card using their conversion ratio.
Note: points have 3 years validity so manage accordingly.

Also, buy instant voucher from smartbuy gfytr for MMT or yatra, regalia have 5x reward point on it. Then book tickets from there.. this way you will get reward points and able to save them and dont have to book through smartbuy at higher prices.

arpitium

TF Select
VIP Lounge
In March I booked 2 gulf air tickets to Rome, one from smartbuy and 1 from paytm.
Price was almost same, paytm had less convenience fee thats all (Had checked other platforms as well)

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes they added 749 Rs convinience fee at the last page. In this situation the best option is use FK axis card to get 4% off in cleartrip. or buy directly in airasia website n use any other card depending what person has.
You have regalia so go ahead with the FK one. OR
mmt offers day wise offers on icici and axis..10% off.. should explore that too.
When you get DCB, then I feel DCB would be better.