• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Preferred Banking Programme - Add Family Members.

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it possible add my brother in law to HDFC Preferred Banking Programme ? (Assuming I hold a preferred Banking relationship with HDFC)
I see options to add my parents/wife/children/siblings/grandparents. What about In laws and so.?

vn_1

TF Select
I just maintained 2L for few months, then invite to classic banking came on my mail from RM, and also on offers section in Netbanking. I got the invite multiple times, basically whenever I got the annual bonus, but joined Classic very recently would wait for the Preferred invite.
Did you get preferred invite? I got classic invite and I took it. Can this upgraded to preferred at later stage?

mast2510

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi, i have recently requested for adding my family members to my HDFC preferred account which they said it will take 15 days for processing. As part of the same, i have opened accounts with HDFC for my kids also. Now my question is:

1. Do my kids also get debit cards who are between 10&17 years old?
2. If yes, do they get same cards which I got?

Thanks and regards

Nobody

TF Buzz
I had a bit above 1 lakh in the account. I went to an HDFC branch and asked them to upgrade my account to classic. The RM was very cooperative and instantly filed a request for it. Within few days I got upgraded to classic. After a month or so I went to him and asked him to upgrade to preferred. I think I had a bit above 2 lakhs then. He tried to upgrade but due to some issues it was not getting approved. I kept asking him to upgrade it and after a couple of weeks he asked his manager to file the request for me. And within few days I got upgraded to preferred.
I had funded balance required for classic banking yesterday, today msgd rm of my bank for invite, within half an hour received the link.

kjs

TF Premier
You can add upto 8 members, try for your in-laws too. Calling the RM may not be the best option as i am struggling even after mailing him. Its just better to go to the bank and fill up forms and get an acknowledgement to initiate things.
So family members will have different customer id ? I rem opening 0 bal account for my wife and mine was axis priority sal acc .we both had absolutely diff ids and both cannot see each other acc balance..hdfc preferred works in similar way ?

emadiqbalali

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
So family members will have different customer id ? I rem opening 0 bal account for my wife and mine was axis priority sal acc .we both had absolutely diff ids and both cannot see each other acc balance..hdfc preferred works in similar way ?
Yes, it's just grouping on the backend, and we cannot see it. Only RM will be able to do that. In no way, the accounts are joint or linked, its just grouping so both can get benefits of preferred.

nadeem

TF Select
I had a bit above 1 lakh in the account. I went to an HDFC branch and asked them to upgrade my account to classic. The RM was very cooperative and instantly filed a request for it. Within few days I got upgraded to classic. After a month or so I went to him and asked him to upgrade to preferred. I think I had a bit above 2 lakhs then. He tried to upgrade but due to some issues it was not getting approved. I kept asking him to upgrade it and after a couple of weeks he asked his manager to file the request for me. And within few days I got upgraded to preferred.
once its upgraded to preferred, what happens if we don't maintain 2L or 1L in account? Will it be downgraded or any charges levied ?