• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Preferred Banking Programme - Add Family Members.

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it possible add my brother in law to HDFC Preferred Banking Programme ? (Assuming I hold a preferred Banking relationship with HDFC)
I see options to add my parents/wife/children/siblings/grandparents. What about In laws and so.?

vine

TF Premier
Okay. The only issue interacting with RM is they will start pitching for products. Also my wife doesn't like hdfc bank app as she is used to using feature rich apps. Should I change my salary account to any other bank so I can get benefit of family banking + good app.
You only move to Kotak, or consider ICICI.
Personally, only these two are good for me.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Okay. The only issue interacting with RM is they will start pitching for products. Also my wife doesn't like hdfc bank app as she is used to using feature rich apps. Should I change my salary account to any other bank so I can get benefit of family banking + good app.
If you want feature rich mobile app, go for icici, axis, kotak. Hdfc app doesn't have a lot of features obviously, but is most stable, whereas icici having more features has less stability in my experience. Kotak is in between. I have rm in hdfc and she doesn't pitch anything and never calls for such things, experience matters in this regard from person to person, and obviously if a decent cc is needed then hdfc and axis is only option🤷🤣

kjs

TF Premier
I have savings account in both Kotak and ICICI. But then the preferred tag will go away. I am still ok with that but then hdfc debit card will be chargeable ? I am using platinum debit card. And i have been never charged from 2014. As it was sal acc from 2014-2020 but not from 21-23. Just converted to sal 4 months back. But was not charged anything in between when it was not a salary account.
You only move to Kotak, or consider ICICI.
Personally, only these two are good for me.

kjs

TF Premier
If you want feature rich mobile app, go for icici, axis, kotak. Hdfc app doesn't have a lot of features obviously, but is most stable, whereas icici having more features has less stability in my experience. Kotak is in between. I have rm in hdfc and she doesn't pitch anything and never calls for such things, experience matters in this regard from person to person, and obviously if a decent cc is needed then hdfc and axis is only option🤷🤣
Yes HDFC bank app is stable. ICICI app is some times is laggy and crashes or unresponsive.My HDFC RM used to not pitch products since years but recently she has started a lot in last 6 months but shes helpful. ICICI customer service email and call is top notch even above HDFC as per my exp. Not sure how much good is Kotak CC as never interacted. I got Regalia Gold with hdfc Preferred.I was also eligible for chargeable Infinia Credit card but i am not a travel or a luxury lifestyle person so not much useful for me.
Benefits wise i think all 3 would be similar for sal account with 1.5L+ is this understanding correct ?

vine

TF Premier
Yes HDFC bank app is stable. ICICI app is some times is laggy and crashes or unresponsive.My HDFC RM used to not pitch products since years but recently she has started a lot in last 6 months but shes helpful. ICICI customer service email and call is top notch even above HDFC as per my exp. Not sure how much good is Kotak CC as never interacted. I got Regalia Gold with hdfc Preferred.I was also eligible for chargeable Infinia Credit card but i am not a travel or a luxury lifestyle person so not much useful for me.
Benefits wise i think all 3 would be similar for sal account with 1.5L+ is this understanding correct ?
For me, both kotak and icici are absolutely great with customer care & emails support. RMs dont bug me with ULIPs/FDs.
Both bank apps are great, one or two seconds lag is very rare for me.
Credit cards are not much worthy in both banks. You can take one LTF card for occasional offers. Only ICICI Amazon CC is good.
I have been not much into credit cards so far.
Recently I thought of taking a HDFC cc and open a salary account (as there is a branch close to my place). HDFC employee said they charge for debit card, even for salary accounts.
Do you think if we open an Imperia account, is it possible to negotiate for LTF credit card like Regalia/Gold/DCB? how did you get it?

varun__goel_

TF Legend
HDFC employee said they charge for debit card, even for salary accounts.
Afaik dc is free for every salary acc🤷. Check for charges on hdfc website
Do you think if we open an Imperia account, is it possible to negotiate for LTF credit card like Regalia/Gold/DCB? how did you get it?
If you want ltf hdfc cc, apply it on c2c basis via branch, dcb and infinia not available for c2c ltf basis

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Its been 1 month my RM hasnt added my sister to my preferred
Just escalate! First to Preferred Banking customer care, then Escalations, then Grievance Redressal. I doubt it'll take that long, but just try to escalate. Do in emails and/or online forms. Clearly mention the issue you're facing and that you gave your RM one month for the same. Don't hesitate and show them mercy. 😀

0xfallup

TF Ace
Just escalate! First to Preferred Banking customer care, then Escalations, then Grievance Redressal. I doubt it'll take that long, but just try to escalate. Do in emails and/or online forms. Clearly mention the issue you're facing and that you gave your RM one month for the same. Don't hesitate and show them mercy. 😀
itna kyu karna , twitter pe ek complaint daalde bus .... kal tak preferred , tested method :)

kjs

TF Premier
For me, both kotak and icici are absolutely great with customer care & emails support. RMs dont bug me with ULIPs/FDs.
Both bank apps are great, one or two seconds lag is very rare for me.
Credit cards are not much worthy in both banks. You can take one LTF card for occasional offers. Only ICICI Amazon CC is good.
I have been not much into credit cards so far.
Recently I thought of taking a HDFC cc and open a salary account (as there is a branch close to my place). HDFC employee said they charge for debit card, even for salary accounts.
They are not interested to open your account may be. Did you tell them that you will be opening Imperia account with them ? You can try in some other nearby branch. I am using preferred even without preferred i was never charged for Debit card or sms

I got pre-approved Regalia Gold and Infinia paid was available. Actually my account is like 10yrs old so may be coz of long term relationship.

I have icici Amazon pay and coral credit card , yes both icici and kotak bank app are good. I had Axis priority account few months back but I got irritated with RM so i closed the account apart from that Axis priority account was really good even opening family member account was smooth process.

BCh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
They are not interested to open your account may be. Did you tell them that you will be opening Imperia account with them ? You can try in some other nearby branch. I am using preferred even without preferred i was never charged for Debit card or sms

I got pre-approved Regalia Gold and Infinia paid was available. Actually my account is like 10yrs old so may be coz of long term relationship.

I have icici Amazon pay and coral credit card , yes both icici and kotak bank app are good. I had Axis priority account few months back but I got irritated with RM so i closed the account apart from that Axis priority account was really good even opening family member account was smooth process.
Is your Regalia Gold LTF? I am getting paid upgrade in my preferred account, CC and RM are unhelpful. My present Millennia and Neu infinity are both LTF.

kjs

TF Premier
Is your Regalia Gold LTF? I am getting paid upgrade in my preferred account, CC and RM are unhelpful. My present Millennia and Neu infinity are both LTF.
Yes it is LTF. i have just taken for hdfc offers. How did u get it LTF ? thru portal or thru RM ?

axb

TF Buzz
I have Milennia and Tata Neu Infinity cards with a 1.5L limit(lowest among other cards), I was planning to get DCB / Infinia. Got emails for preferred banking. Also, I plan to avail a home loan later this year.

1. Shall I open one HDFC Preferred account to get the DCB/Infinia upgrade?
2. Can I get any lower variant account of HDFC with lesser AMB and will that help in getting DCB/Infinia soon?
3. What would be a better account for a Home loan later this year?

R@J

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have an HDFC Imperia relationship with 2 of my family members under my family account. Account is maintained by virtual RM.

My brother has another HDFC account with branch RM tagged to his account. Do I necessarily need to change his RM to mine before I can get him added under my family relationship?

PayKaroAbhi

TF Premier
I have an HDFC Imperia relationship with 2 of my family members under my family account. Account is maintained by virtual RM.

My brother has another HDFC account with branch RM tagged to his account. Do I necessarily need to change his RM to mine before I can get him added under my family relationship?
Most probably yes

Reactions: R@J

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have preferred banking with HDFC with MAB requirement of 2L. My father is also maintaining preferred banking account.

What happens on MAB requirement if I add him as family member? Combined 2L MAB will be required for maintaining both preferred accounts? or individually 2L is required?