• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Preferred Banking Programme - Add Family Members.

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is it possible add my brother in law to HDFC Preferred Banking Programme ? (Assuming I hold a preferred Banking relationship with HDFC)
I see options to add my parents/wife/children/siblings/grandparents. What about In laws and so.?

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is it possible add my brother in law to HDFC Preferred Banking Programme ? (Assuming I hold a preferred Banking relationship with HDFC)
I see options to add my parents/wife/children/siblings/grandparents. What about In laws and so.?
Yes just inform your RM he'll do the work for you

Souvik

TF Premier
You can add upto 8 members, try for your in-laws too. Calling the RM may not be the best option as i am struggling even after mailing him. Its just better to go to the bank and fill up forms and get an acknowledgement to initiate things.

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I'm not really running behind the HDFC savings heriarchy but since I already have the privileges I thought of sharing it with my in laws and brother in law.
For me personally its not really a big deal but for my inlaws who doesn't hold any salary account and have to maintain AMB, pay debit card annual fees and other services charges, this helps...

Souvik

TF Premier
I'm not really running behind the HDFC savings heriarchy but since I already have the privileges I thought of sharing it with my in laws and brother in law.
For me personally its not really a big deal but for my inlaws who doesn't hold any salary account and have to maintain AMB, pay debit card annual fees and other services charges, this helps...
You are right that way, for having a few more accounts outside the ambit of AMB/AQB and maintenance and annual fees. That can help.

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Are these options available in Net banking. I couldn't find it anywhere, called my RM, but she said I have i to change my wife's RM and then she can link them

Krish

TF Select
How did you get upgraded to preferred account! What’s the min salary credit required for classic/preferred?

V5689

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Are these options available in Net banking. I couldn't find it anywhere, called my RM, but she said I have i to change my wife's RM and then she can link them
These options are not available as default Net banking options. Getting in touch with the bank personally / through RM can help achieve this.
RMs are hit and miss...

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
These options are not available as default Net banking options. Getting in touch with the bank personally / through RM can help achieve this.
RMs are hit and miss...
I need to change my RM. Can anyone who has done that earlier give me pointers on how to do that.
She gave me callback today about this, as usual went on to waste my time.

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How did you get upgraded to preferred account! What’s the min salary credit required for classic/preferred?
I just maintained 2L for few months, then invite to classic banking came on my mail from RM, and also on offers section in Netbanking. I got the invite multiple times, basically whenever I got the annual bonus, but joined Classic very recently would wait for the Preferred invite.

SoggypastA

TF Premier
I submitted form to my RM to link my mothers account to my preferred account. After a month of nothing I raised complaint from HDFC site and in 2 days from the complaint my mothers account becomes preferred.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I submitted form to my RM to link my mothers account to my preferred account. After a month of nothing I raised complaint from HDFC site and in 2 days from the complaint my mothers account becomes preferred.
in family banking, if you are maintaining the minimum balance required for preferred tier, your mother can maintain 0 balance, right?