• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre-Approved Credit Card Offer OCT - NOV 2022 (LTF confusion)

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
There is a lot of confusion among Hdfc account holders regarding lifetime free credit card offers sent in e-mail in October and November, 2022.
On one hand, some members are saying LTF criterias are absolute since September 13th.
HDFC customer care also says they don't issue LTF cards from October.
The question is why is HDFC account holders still getting offer e-mails and SMSs regarding Lifetime Free credit card, where validity of offer is explicitly mentioned as 31st October and now 15th November ?

Has anyone applied for LTF pre-approved credit card (Moneyback+ / Millenia) in October and November and recieved their cards - if so, please share if they have been confirmed as LTF or any other experience likewise.

image_2022-11-09_184823294-ink.jpeg image_2022-11-09_185236119-ink.jpeg

Last edited:

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I am in two minds - being offered LTF Business Moneyback pre-approved for having SavingsMax account with limit of 1,88,000 and ₹1500 Amazon Gift voucher if I apply myself. But Millennia is the better card in terms of rewards/cashbacks in the future. I can apply for LTF Millennia from the branch based on SimplyCLICK or ICICI APay both with 1,30,000 limit. Which one should I go for? Can I get Business Moneyback initially and then upgrade to Millennia a few months later with the same 1,88,000 limit maintained? (I am self-employed, not salaried, can show ITR if required).
Get the Millenia LTF on c2c basis. It's a fool proof way to get Millenia LTF, atleast for now. Millenia can more than compensate for your 1500 gv if you avail all its services like lounge and all.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
I am in two minds - being offered LTF Business Moneyback pre-approved for having SavingsMax account with limit of 1,88,000 and ₹1500 Amazon Gift voucher if I apply myself. But Millennia is the better card in terms of rewards/cashbacks in the future. I can apply for LTF Millennia from the branch based on SimplyCLICK or ICICI APay both with 1,30,000 limit. Which one should I go for? Can I get Business Moneyback initially and then upgrade to Millennia a few months later with the same 1,88,000 limit maintained? (I am self-employed, not salaried, can show ITR if required).
Upgrade is usually not ltf.... Go to branch and apply for millenia...

CChoarder

TF Buzz
I have a savings max account with HDFC for some months now they are offering cashback credit card limit 54000 pre approved, should I wait for more limit or grab it? It’s showing LTF.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I have a savings max account with HDFC for some months now they are offering cashback credit card limit 54000 pre approved, should I wait for more limit or grab it? It’s showing LTF.
Grab if LTF. Not sure if HDFC will continue unconditional LTF for long. Customer care already said they they don't isse LTF cards since October. If you are getting something like the screenshot in the first message of this thread, that's unconditional LTF

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Go to the offer link from email/netbanking, enter your phone no. and DOB. If you see something like this, its unconditional LTF, and you should grab that card. Later you can upgrade.

Attachments

• page_2.jpeg
    page_2.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 79

anonymuos

TF Ace
Well I will share my experience. My Millennia was already rejected in May, but I was getting pre-approved offers in HDFC NetBanking for Business MoneyBack with 1,88,000 limit and on phone via notifications or WhatsApp since July 2022 (SavingsMax account opened in March 2022).

Today, when I clicked pre-approved offer via netbanking 1st time and authenticated via DOB: it showed me ₹500 fees for the CC but ₹2500 gift vouchers.

When I ignored/closed that and clicked same pre-approved offer link again via netbanking 2nd time but authenticated via PAN instead of DOB, it showed me "Lucky you! ₹500 ₹0" but spend-based waiver (Annual Spends of ₹50,000).

I closed that too. Then clicked the WhatsApp link I had received for unconditional LTF, and it showed me "Lifetime free. No Annual charges. No renewal fee". ₹1500 Amazon voucher. :p So I proceeded with it.

I feared if I apply on C2C basis, they may not approve Millennia at all, or may approve but not LTF. Although I have 3 CCs with 1 lakh+ limit (SimplyCLICK, APay ICICI & OneCard by South Indian Bank), I am not sure HDFC would issue LTF based on it so I went the pre-approved route.

I must still confirm from them via email in writing that it is indeed LTF the way it was shown in the offer. The way the offer page was changing every time I logged in from either PC or phone and by using different ways (DOB, PAN), I suspect some algorithm generates the offer on the fly. If we are lucky or if it thinks we are not interested 1st time due to fees, maybe we get a better deal? From the phone, I believe it may even be looking for the presence of the HDFC Banking app (to conclude that you have a savings account so gives a better offer)? IDK what exactly but it's weird to change the offer on the fly like this. I will upgrade to Millennia later from Business Moneyback. That way if they reject or do not give it LTF, I have an HDFC LTF CC with a decent limit to keep. I do have Millennia DC already although the CC is what everyone is after. ;)

Once you get Millenia LTF, all your credit card needs for online shopping should stop. If I am successful in getting the C2C millenia (LTF) approved, I won't apply for another CC anytime soon.
Yes, you are absolutely correct, millennia is one of the most balanced card in terms of rewards and overall features for moderate users, i got that too in october end pre-approved, LTF, and with 1 lakh limit.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Can someone confirm if HDFC Millenia Credit Card gives 10% instant discount + 5% Cashback during SALES in flipkart and Amazon (like in screenshot below) . Or only 5% cashback during sales ( like SBI cashback card/ Apay ICICI card) ?
1668524956270.png 1668524996374.png

anonymuos

TF Ace
So I finally received the pre-approved LTF HDFC Business MoneyBack with 1.88L limit (since it was the only pre-approved card for a self-employed bloke like me, Millennia rejected 6 months ago but I had all 1-month old baby young credit cards then (APay ICICI & SimplyClick), so didn't want to risk denial again with HDFC). Since the limit is good, I hope to upgrade it to Millennia at some point in the future even if they lower the limit.

As expected, customer.services email address told me it is spend-based and that I'll have to spend Rs. 20,000 within 90 days from the card set up date to make it LTF, otherwise it would attract membership fee of Rs. 500 plus GST annually. Or if I registered for SmartPay, it would be "LTF" only as long as SmartPay was active. Cancelling SmartPay would result in levy of membership fee on card. For subsequent year, renewal fee would be waived if the spend threshold of 50K would be achieved.

But since during card application and in WhatsApp offers I got, it was shown to me as unconditional LTF with "no strings attached" and 0 annual, 0 renewal fees, I escalated to higher officer's email with all the screenshots and proofs. Told them they were misselling and that they had not been honest and upfront about spend requirements before card application. Since I had not activated the card until this confirmation, I would close it and report this mis-selling to RBI ombudsman. Immediately hours later, the officer replied saying as per the terms and conditions mentioned at the time of applying credit card, card will be converted to lifetime free automatically within 90 days and that there was no need to spend 20K or register SmartPay.

Btw they sent me Business MoneyBack on MasterCard network. Apparently, airport lounge access at domestic airports 8 times in a year is not there on Visa variant of this card as per https://www.cardexpert.in/hdfc-business-money-back-credit-card-review/ Not sure if it's true as of 2022 too.

Last edited:

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Contacted the Customer care via email today regarding the Fee structure for my Business Regalia CC.
Pls check the attachment.

Attachments

• B51613FF-BB20-4BB5-8982-30690E912488.jpeg
    B51613FF-BB20-4BB5-8982-30690E912488.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 71