• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Pre-Approved Credit Card Offer OCT - NOV 2022 (LTF confusion)

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
There is a lot of confusion among Hdfc account holders regarding lifetime free credit card offers sent in e-mail in October and November, 2022.
On one hand, some members are saying LTF criterias are absolute since September 13th.
HDFC customer care also says they don't issue LTF cards from October.
The question is why is HDFC account holders still getting offer e-mails and SMSs regarding Lifetime Free credit card, where validity of offer is explicitly mentioned as 31st October and now 15th November ?

Has anyone applied for LTF pre-approved credit card (Moneyback+ / Millenia) in October and November and recieved their cards - if so, please share if they have been confirmed as LTF or any other experience likewise.

image_2022-11-09_184823294-ink.jpeg image_2022-11-09_185236119-ink.jpeg

Last edited:

tuhin

TF Premier
There is a lot of confusion among Hdfc account holders regarding lifetime free credit card offers sent in e-mail in October and November, 2022.
On one hand, some members are saying LTF criterias are absolute since September 13th.
The question is why is HDFC account holders still getting offer e-mails and SMSs regarding Lifetime Free credit card, where validity of offer is explicitly mentioned as 31st October and now 15th November ?

Has anyone applied for LTF pre-approved credit card (Moneyback+ / Millenia) in October and November and recieved their cards - if so, please share if they have been confirmed as LTF or any other experience likewise.

Bro, don't get confused! They have segregated offers for different valued customers. Hence, terms & tenure are different. Please confirm, whether any offer is going on for non-HDFC holders ?

hariselio

TF Premier
Based on my experience, if it says LTF without any conditions, then its LTF only. In my case the app, very clearly said "No Conditions Apply" pre-approved one. And also got confirmation from the hdfc staff over email, then applied. Once i received the card, sent mail to CC to know whether it is provided in LTF or not. As expected, they replied, i need to spend 1L with in 90 days or so. Then i sent escalation mail, in that they replied it is LTF only.

My understanding is, in general customer support still replies the generic old conditions for making LTF based on spends. But this is not applicable for every customer and their system should automatically convert to LTF once if we do some minimal transaction.

For safer side, you can get it confirmation from customer support!

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Based on my experience, if it says LTF without any conditions, then its LTF only. In my case the app, very clearly said "No Conditions Apply" pre-approved one. And also got confirmation from the hdfc staff over email, then applied. Once i received the card, sent mail to CC to know whether it is provided in LTF or not. As expected, they replied, i need to spend 1L with in 90 days or so. Then i sent escalation mail, in that they replied it is LTF only.

My understanding is, in general customer support still replies the generic old conditions for making LTF based on spends. But this is not applicable for every customer and their system should automatically convert to LTF once if we do some minimal transaction.

Can you share a screenshot of how your offer was shown. I have shared mine above. What do you understand from that ?

deep@vie

TF Legend

Till Sep12,there was offer if one applies for an add-on along with card,That will be unconditional LTF. And spend based in first 90 days for unconditional LTF. Post that this offer is gone.
As far as these offers are concerned, there is a difference b/w a customer applying for a card or bank pre-approving a card. Things are totally different, HDFC will keep offering LTF to it's account holders.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier

how to send escalation mail? pls guide....

anonymuos

TF Ace
Can anyone in this thread tell me if I can apply for HDFC PRE-APPROVED card with limit of 1,88,000, will it be approved since I have savingsmax account. If my earlier HDFC CC application based on CIBIL was rejected at the end of May 2022 (before the pre-approved offer, when savings account was just opened. Does the 6 month cooldown period still apply for pre-approved HDFC CCs as well? in which case I will apply in December but my RM said the pre-approved offer is ending on 22nd Nov. Does it really expire if we don't take it?

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
Can anyone in this thread tell me if I can apply for HDFC PRE-APPROVED card with limit of 1,88,000, will it be approved since I have savingsmax account. If my earlier HDFC CC application based on CIBIL was rejected at the end of May 2022 (before the pre-approved offer, when savings account was just opened. Does the 6 month cooldown period still apply for pre-approved HDFC CCs as well? in which case I will apply in December but my RM said the pre-approved offer is ending on 22nd Nov. Does it really expire if we don't take it?
No, as per my experience, pre approved offer gets rolling over for months. In my case 4-5 months straight in a row.

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
Apply via branch... U wont receive 1500 amazon voucher... Else no option to apply online before 6 months

anonymuos

TF Ace
No, as per my experience, pre approved offer gets rolling over for months. In my case 4-5 months straight in a row.
I am seeing pre-approved offer since July. SavingsMax Account opened in March later upgraded to Classic Banking and big amount FD. Credit limit slowly increased to 1,88,000 but I am worried after what RM said that offer will expire in November. 6 months will be complete by 28th Nov, should I risk it applying on 22nd (that's when RM said offer expires).