• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC InstaAccount opening: bad experience

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Has anyone opened the instaaccount completely from their home, as they claim?

their vkyc always fails due to problem at their end, and their branch representative asks to visit branch and complete kyc, which defeats the purpose of instaacount. the representative then visits the home and collects kyc.
maybe it is deliberately done so that branch can show it as an account successfully opened by the branch and inflate their sales numbers?

happened with me twice.

tuhin

TF Premier
Like how? Can you elaborate? @FinoGuy too?
1. They were delaying after deducting my initial amount (more than 1L), hence I was losing my bank interest on that money.
2. They had applied a DC for my father who is the secondary holder without our consent.
3. Registered our address as the wrong one, hence we received the wrong written passbook.
4. Somehow we promised to open a few FDs with them, they were disturbing like a hell
5. No one was bothering to correct our address, told us to correct it via NetBanking for quick processing which was annoying
6. Opened a few FDs but they were not changing MOD Flag from N to Y, giving excuses continuously
7. We were not receiving DC PIN setup OTP, hence we contacted our branch, they were not helping properly
8. Asking for an explanation from us after giving complaints on Twitter. They were forcing us to withdraw such complaints

moreover, my branch behaviour is not up to the mark. Though, the HDFC Customer Care team is prompt enough to resolve my issues. Still, I can't rely on them.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
Like how? Can you elaborate? @FinoGuy too?
There was one letter difference between my id proof & pan. Bank employee first told me to open account with 50k cheque. I agreed & he proceeded with application. He was in the last part of digital application. I realised that I have bought other bank cheque book which hv only 20k balance. I requested him to open the account now with 20k, later I'll deposit 30k..he agreed but then told me he can't open because there's mismatch of one letter between id proof & pan (even though all other details, were correct and same in both). He demanded adhaar biometric. I had to leave the branch without opening account after wasting 1hr..
Later I opened account digitally. In videokyc everything went well & vkyc official told me to end session. After that no communication from hdfc regarding vkyc status. When I contacted customer care after 2 days , they told me that v-kyc was unsuccessful due to unforeseen error and I have to do offline kyc. I went to nearest branch., here branch kyc official demanded me to do transfer of 30k to new account as initial deposit. Without this she won't be able to do kyc.. I refused stating there's no such rule.. Went to another branch, completed kyc, got passbook instantly.. Again no communication from hdfc(no email, sms confirmation ). Next day I got sms that video kyc is unsuccessful and I have to do offline kyc..! Its been 4 days. Still kyc is showing as pending in hdfc app..
First thing I was not made aware that if video kyc is unsuccessful, they'll open otp based account whose mab is 10k(non maintenance charges apply for this otp based account)! Secondly, they don't send welcome kit & debit card without full kyc, so basically I've to deposit 10k in this otp based account which they opened without informing me. Without debit card its good for nothing!..
Atleast I can say sbi was better in such case, I remember, they had given me premium welcome kit for 25k mab account few years back, all process done in 1 hr Inspite of huge crowd..

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
There was one letter difference between my id proof & pan. Bank employee first told me to open account with 50k cheque. I agreed & he proceeded with application. He was in the last part of digital application. I realised that I have bought other bank cheque book which hv only 20k balance. I requested him to open the account now with 20k, later I'll deposit 30k..he agreed but then told me he can't open because there's mismatch of one letter between id proof & pan (even though all other details, were correct and same in both). He demanded adhaar biometric. I had to leave the branch without opening account after wasting 1hr..
Later I opened account digitally. In videokyc everything went well & vkyc official told me to end session. After that no communication from hdfc regarding vkyc status. When I contacted customer care after 2 days , they told me that v-kyc was unsuccessful due to unforeseen error and I have to do offline kyc. I went to nearest branch., here branch kyc official demanded me to do transfer of 30k to new account as initial deposit. Without this she won't be able to do kyc.. I refused stating there's no such rule.. Went to another branch, completed kyc, got passbook instantly.. Again no communication from hdfc(no email, sms confirmation ). Next day I got sms that video kyc is unsuccessful and I have to do offline kyc..! Its been 4 days. Still kyc is showing as pending in hdfc app..
First thing I was not made aware that if video kyc is unsuccessful, they'll open otp based account whose mab is 10k(non maintenance charges apply for this otp based account)! Secondly, they don't send welcome kit & debit card without full kyc, so basically I've to deposit 10k in this otp based account which they opened without informing me. Without debit card its good for nothing!..
Atleast I can say sbi was better in such case, I remember, they had given me premium welcome kit for 25k mab account few years back, all process done in 1 hr Inspite of huge crowd..
This is an unfortunate experience. But I can assure in my rural area HDFC employees are show very cordial behaviour. Opened a regular savings account for my brother within 15 minutes in branch (no IDs xerox were demanded, fully digital procedure, including on spot photo capture, initial deposit 10k), and handed over the instant kit (had Rupay Premium Debit card then) the same time.

I opened online account recently, vkyc done smoothly on same day, vkyc approved on the next day, and call from branch came on 3rd day. No initial deposit required in online account. Welcome letter arrived on 5th day, and welcome kit 3 days later, but I got Millenia DC, instead of Rupay Platinum or Moneyback DC.

FinoGuy

TF Ace
This is an unfortunate experience. But I can assure in my rural area HDFC employees are show very cordial behaviour. Opened a regular savings account for my brother within 15 minutes in branch (no IDs xerox were demanded, fully digital procedure, including on spot photo capture, initial deposit 10k), and handed over the instant kit (had Rupay Premium Debit card then) the same time.

I opened online account recently, vkyc done smoothly on same day, vkyc approved on the next day, and call from branch came on 3rd day. No initial deposit required in online account. Welcome letter arrived on 5th day, and welcome kit 3 days later, but I got Millenia DC, instead of Rupay Platinum or Moneyback DC.
May be your branch too good.. I visited 3 branches, all were almost same, demanding compulsory adhaar /high initial deposit. Or may be I was just unlucky all those three branches were black sheep

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
May be your branch too good.. I visited 3 branches, all were almost same, demanding compulsory adhaar /high initial deposit. Or may be I was just unlucky all those three branches were black sheep
Way too simple could be dangerous. On asking for Rupay Platinum, they handed me Rupay ATM ONLY card, with a daily cash withdrawal limit of 10K, and even assured me that this is what I was asking for. They don't know difference between debit and ATM card.