• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Imperia queries

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have received an email regarding Imperia upgrade. It's also showing in my HDFC net banking's offers section.

Screenshot_2022-11-24_at_1_34_29_PM.png

Here are my some of my queries:

1. I have received the LTF Business Regalia a few months ago, will upgrading my account to Imperia, increases my chance of getting Infinia?
  2. Do I get a virtual RM or a local RM?
  3. If I break some of the FD’s, and the total relationship value falls below 30lacs (which is required for Imperia) will I be downgraded to Preferred? Are there any charges for the same? The Imperia page says there are NIL charges for non maintenance. Any other hidden charges?
  4. As of now, my account is single, if I am unable to maintain high value, can I add my sister later on, so it becomes a group? Will that change anything?
  5. In a Group ID, as it has a one single customer ID, can everyone see everyone's balance/transactions?
  6. Are there any cons of margin accounts in a Group ID? Can we break it later on if required?

Thanks.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
1. My experience NO even am impreria since nov 2018 for even for DCB it was really tough me
2. Virtual RM (i would better say Insurance agent) he will be handy only if you face issues in transactions not for any LE or LTF cards
3. No charges you will be not be moved preferred easily and no hidden charges
4. No changes
5.Group id and customer Id are different you can't see each other balance or you can't even access .
6. Breaking is not required

There are strictly based on my experience not to say wrong on anything

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
As someone with imperia for over 5 yrs and infinia for over 3, here are my 2c.

1. I don't think it matters. My RM when I asked for infinia said the main criteria is spend you put on your current card and how much credit limit you have. It doesn't hurt having imperia and the major benefit I saw with imperia is home banking services that Preferred did not have.

2. I got a virtual RM but I can reach out to them and they in turn connect with my local branch RM for any support I need. Requests are not handled right away but in 2-3 days at max

3. Only charges you may incur due to downgrade would be for eg, the locker you got for free as imperia is no longer free and you are charged as per Preferred rates. No penalty is levied for downgrade if that us your que.

4. They do promote family banking where you open new accounts for family members and then the culative balance of all accounts should be over prescribed limit. Not sure of other benefits

5. Common sense dictates no but not sure as I haven't used.

6. Not sure .

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
1. My experience NO even am impreria since nov 2018 for even for DCB it was really tough me
2. Virtual RM (i would better say Insurance agent) he will be handy only if you face issues in transactions not for any LE or LTF cards
3. No charges you will be not be moved preferred easily and no hidden charges
4. No changes
5.Group id and customer Id are different you can't see each other balance or you can't even access .
6. Breaking is not required

There are strictly based on my experience not to say wrong on anything
Okay thank you. I'll accept the invite then.

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
As someone with imperia for over 5 yrs and infinia for over 3, here are my 2c.

1. I don't think it matters. My RM when I asked for infinia said the main criteria is spend you put on your current card and how much credit limit you have. It doesn't hurt having imperia and the major benefit I saw with imperia is home banking services that Preferred did not have.

2. I got a virtual RM but I can reach out to them and they in turn connect with my local branch RM for any support I need. Requests are not handled right away but in 2-3 days at max

3. Only charges you may incur due to downgrade would be for eg, the locker you got for free as imperia is no longer free and you are charged as per Preferred rates. No penalty is levied for downgrade if that us your que.

4. They do promote family banking where you open new accounts for family members and then the culative balance of all accounts should be over prescribed limit. Not sure of other benefits

5. Common sense dictates no but not sure as I haven't used.

6. Not sure .
Thank you, this helped. I'll accept the invite. I'll keep the locker rent thing in mind, if they downgrade me to Preferred in future. That is only if I get one, which is very hard.

H2O

TF Premier
@isatyajeet

• Do you mind telling the total amount you are keeping with HDFC in saving?
  • Saving or Salary account.
  • How much amount you are keeping in FD/Savings.
  • How much time it took to upgrade from Preferred to Imperia?

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It's weird. When I click the invite link that I received on the email, it takes me to a blank page. When I click the Imperia banner on the Offers section, it takes me to the main HDFC NetBanking page. I called customer care, they said it's happening because you are not eligible. I told them I have the invite, both on email and net banking, they said they send the invite to many people like that, you are not able to see any page next because you are not eligible, people who are eligible can only see the page after clicking the link 🤔

This doesn't make sense to me.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
It's weird. When I click the invite link that I received on the email, it takes me to a blank page. When I click the Imperia banner on the Offers section, it takes me to the main HDFC NetBanking page. I called customer care, they said it's happening because you are not eligible. I told them I have the invite, both on email and net banking, they said they send the invite to many people like that, you are not able to see any page next because you are not eligible, people who are eligible can only see the page after clicking the link 🤔

Just imagine Imperia services

akshayhs

TF Ace
Du

Most staff at HDFC customer care are simply there for the sake of it and collect paychecks. They have absolutely no clue about most things. Speaking from personal experience.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1. As 0b110 said, it depends on how you use your current Credit card. If your branch doesn't have many Infinia holders and your expense is high (like 6-8 lakhs in a quarter), you may talk with your RM and BM both for upgrade.
2. Depends on your local branch, if they have 8-10 dedicated RMs and have the capacity, you can ask for local RM instead of virtual one.
3. No charges for downgrade, but if you are using any free facilities like Imperia DC or Free locker (like 0b110 said), that will get charged. So, ask your RM if your NRV goes below 30L, if they say they can't hold your Imperia status, then request for DC change first this if you dont want to pay Rs. 750
4. Having a Group is beneficial for you as well as for your family, as they too get Imperia support/service and their acc balance helps in maintaining group NRV.
5. No, no one can see anyone's transactions until they are joint account holders.

Gkcards

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You may get infinia. I know someone who got Infinia after opening Imperia account, without sharing any salary details or anything. There was an offer in netbanking, not LTF, and just got the card by submitting few details, no separate documents also

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
1. As 0b110 said, it depends on how you use your current Credit card. If your branch doesn't have many Infinia holders and your expense is high (like 6-8 lakhs in a quarter), you may talk with your RM and BM both for upgrade.
2. Depends on your local branch, if they have 8-10 dedicated RMs and have the capacity, you can ask for local RM instead of virtual one.
3. No charges for downgrade, but if you are using any free facilities like Imperia DC or Free locker (like 0b110 said), that will get charged. So, ask your RM if your NRV goes below 30L, if they say they can't hold your Imperia status, then request for DC change first this if you dont want to pay Rs. 750
4. Having a Group is beneficial for you as well as for your family, as they too get Imperia support/service and their acc balance helps in maintaining group NRV.
5. No, no one can see anyone's transactions until they are joint account holders.
Thank you. It's clear now. Also, the third point is most important here. If they ever downgrade to Preferred, I have to get the Imperia DC and locker out first. I asked RM about this today. He said it doesn't get downgraded instantly, it takes time and bank will send you multiple emails/notification that downgrade is about to happen if you don't maintain balance. So that's alright. I can manage then.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thank you. It's clear now. Also, the third point is most important here. If they ever downgrade to Preferred, I have to get the Imperia DC and locker out first. I asked RM about this today. He said it doesn't get downgraded instantly, it takes time and bank will send you multiple emails/notification that downgrade is about to happen if you don't maintain balance. So that's alright. I can manage then.
1 more thing to note (even if I am late as you are already Imperia customer), it would be better to have a locker first and then get upgraded to Imperia
as banks too want money and so, they might just say that your home branch doesn't have any lockers empty and to "bump" you in their locker waiting list (which shouldn't be a case as you are imperia, but they will say this), might push you to do investment or insurance etc :D

easiest way for them to sell investments

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
1 more thing to note (even if I am late as you are already Imperia customer), it would be better to have a locker first and then get upgraded to Imperia
as banks too want money and so, they might just say that your home branch doesn't have any lockers empty and to "bump" you in their locker waiting list (which shouldn't be a case as you are imperia, but they will say this), might push you to do investment or insurance etc :D

I totally agree :) get loaker or credit card

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

One doubt - We always get locker in our home branch only? We cannot get locker in any branch?
Might have to shift branch otherwise.