• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:

JimCarrey

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No.

What I mean is ki I already had an add on using that customer id, I wanted new add on for dad but since his account is NRE account, it doesn't allow to even get add on for it. Asked branch, they said the same also same result from infinia support. So tried my luck by applying for add on via netbanking using same customer id but just putting 'Name to be embossed on card' being my dad's. And got the card and new number too
So basically if I already have an addon card for my wife, I can request for another addon using the same customer id details used previously and new addon card is given.

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
The amount of plastic, paper, fuel and time that is going to get spent in people cancelling their existing add-ons and requesting for new ones in the hope of getting a different CC number is disturbing. People will always look out for themselves at the cost of everything/everyone else but at least HDFC should have foreseen this and been clear in their communications and policies. They should have said something like existing add-on holders will not get new CC number until their next renewal, even if it is years from now, and cancellation and re-issuing of add-on cards won't be tolerated.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The amount of plastic, paper, fuel and time that is going to get spent in people cancelling their existing add-ons and requesting for new ones in the hope of getting a different CC number is disturbing. People will always look out for themselves at the cost of everything/everyone else but at least HDFC should have foreseen this and been clear in their communications and policies. They should have said something like existing add-on holders will not get new CC number until their next renewal, even if it is years from now, and cancellation and re-issuing of add-on cards won't be tolerated.
dumb management which stock price is reflecting

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
dumb management which stock price is reflecting
I disagree. I am impressed with the bank service. Only icici bank compares in terms of service when looking at big 4 or 5 banks. Axis, kotak and sbi are far behind icici does not have good cc products.. Hdfc has more stable reward system and relative high rewards with less fuss.

basant

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I mailed to hdfc grievance and got this reply:-

Basis your recent e-mail, we have taken an appropriate review and wish to inform you that we request you provide the add on closure request post closure of existing add on card we can review your the different card number of add on request. we seek your earnest understanding in this regards.

Basis your recent e-mail, we have taken an appropriate review and wish to inform you that we request you provide the add on closure request post closure of existing add on card we can review your the different card number of add on request. we seek your earnest understanding in this regards.
"we can review" can't assure. Typical HDFC 🤡

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Just make them clear that not to touch Primary Card. For few, they closed primary card itself.

Sudarshan61

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Yes. People can try closing existing addon cards and requesting again through netbanking.

How to request for add-on cancellation?

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
when i try to add last 4 digits in myhdfc site, it says card details incorrect. I tried both on my and my wife mobile no login.
Dont know whats the issue
Yes. I too couldn't add. But go to card controls in mycards app. You ll see the addon in drop-down.

Strange. Might be a Rupay Addon card Issue. I am getting OTP on my Diners Addon on Addon number.
How? When I do online transaction using add-on DCB it says OTP sent to registered mobile number but no last digits of mobile number is shown, tried on smartbuy & Amazon add-on DCB OTP not coming anywhere. Please guide what to do