• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

HDFC Addon Card Online transactions OTP

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
HDFC is the only Bank I know issues addon cards with same credit card number as the Primary. When I check the Card usage controls, it has online usage controls for addon cards as well. One issue/inconvenince I have is that whenever a online transaction is initiated, OTP comes to my mobile rather than the addon cardholder. Till now, my spouse is using static visa password for any transactions instead of OTP. Now I want to get another addon card, sharing password like this doesn't seem ideal.
Any HDFC Credit card users, please let me know a better way to do this?
Not sure how online tranasctions work for Addon cards of other banks, never had any of them. Is the same issue present there as well ?

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
HDFC is the only Bank I know issues addon cards with same credit card number as the Primary. When I check the Card usage controls, it has online usage controls for addon cards as well. One issue/inconvenince I have is that whenever a online transaction is initiated, OTP comes to my mobile rather than the addon cardholder. Till now, my spouse is using static visa password for any transactions instead of OTP. Now I want to get another addon card, sharing password like this doesn't seem ideal.
Not sure how online tranasctions work for Addon cards of other banks, never had any of them. Is the same issue present there as well ?
Have contacted bank?

devmallya

TF Select
VIP Lounge
HDFC is the only one with this problem AFAIK. No way to get around this other than the Verified By Visa static code, unfortunately.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
same problem with idfc also: different addon card numbers, different physical pins. but otp sent only to primary card holder's number.

vprajnya

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Static password is the only option with HDFC Cards for online transactions.
Have been using it since the last 5-6yrs.
It's more convenient than OTP's

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
can you post process for static pin setup? I have diners balck add-on

saiki4116

TF Select
VIP Lounge
can you post process for static pin setup? I have diners balck add-on
I don't remember it well, I think you need to visit visa/MC website. I had setup long ago when OTP option were not even available, so continued with that.
Since DCB is different network, not sure if this option available with them.

AmitMishra

TF Select
VIP Lounge
HDFC add-on card is having same number as primary card and during online transaction it cannot identify as it is primary or add-on. So, whenever you are doing online transaction it will always act as primary card because of card number is same.