• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:

Ram1

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Did you raise any complaint to the HDFC customer care?
If this is how it is, it will lead to 5x limit reported to credit report for 1 primary + 4 addons.
thats bad :(
Lol I have 3 4 more problems with hdfc add ons
read this

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Today randomly addon card's phone number change to addon's. Was issued with primary's phone number. Don't know what triggered this. Whoever had this issue do check, possible that they fixed for all

Daunt

TF Premier
Today randomly addon card's phone number change to addon's. Was issued with primary's phone number. Don't know what triggered this. Whoever had this issue do check, possible that they fixed for all
Just checked & you are right. I was too lazy to contact them & looks like they fixed the issue without getting poked. Not something we see very often these days.

nileshgr

TF Buzz
Looks like you too are having the same issue I am. They sent my addon registered with my mobile number 🤦‍♂️
I can see the card in mycards of myself (primary holder), but when trying to add it to addon's mycard it says invalid.

So although the card number is different, with independent PIN, the OTPs for online transactions come to my phone.

Weirder part: I tried to insert this metal card in ATM the machine doesn't detect this as a valid card.
Branch person says it may not be recognizing it as a valid card due to metal.

Now looks like to change addon mobile number I will have to send a manually filled form.

Form submission worked. Now separate OTPs.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think now the process is getting streamlined.

To summarise, we have to cancel the existing add on (same card number) by calling customer service and then reapply through online banking/app and likely we will receive add-on with different number and OTP will be sent on add-on card holder mobile.

Couple of questions:
- I have requested CS to cancel existing add-on, how long to wait before reapplying?
- Anyone tried this with rupay (tata neu cc)?

hello11

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I've applied for a dcb addon yesterday. I can see the addon in mycards and HDFC app. How do I know if the card number is same or different?
I'm out of town and will only be able to open the courier after a week so just curious.

sm9811911

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I've applied for a dcb addon yesterday. I can see the addon in mycards and HDFC app. How do I know if the card number is same or different?
I'm out of town and will only be able to open the courier after a week so just curious.
You will get different card number. Also, if you are still curious and the add on holder has hdfc account, open their net banking account and check. May take 2-3 days to appear
I have add on card with same card no as primary. Now I want to close this add on and apply again later!
How to close the add on card???
Call cc to close. Apply new add on after 1 day or so

Hemang

TF Premier
I received the DCB metal add on card recently with different card number from Primary card. However the OTP is being received on primary card's mobile number. Contacted customer care and they told me to write a letter (physical letter and not email) to card division in Chennai to update the mobile number for add on card. I will try this to see if it works.
Bhai mene January me add on liya tha. OTP ke liye ek application form aata hai, uspe card number, signature sab karke, branch ke through chennai send karvaya tha, tb jake OTP mere number pe aane laga. Otherwise mother ke pas hi jata tha OTP.

I have add on card with same card no as primary. Now I want to close this add on and apply again later!
How to close the add on card???

I called to close add-on card but I was told that they can’t close it online…I’ve to send a letter to their Chennai address!!
Addon card can be closed over call itself. I did it recently. Call 1800 258 3838 from primary number.