• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC Addon number different from Primary

vishp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.

Last edited:

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
But for that HDFC has to share some additional details with Gyftr like Cust ID grouping etc.. Will they do that?
I ain’t too sure, will need to have few conversations with product. But unlike Axis hdfc is super strong in product and tech , you’d hardly find loopholes with hdfc.

parasf

TF Premier
Hi everyone,

I received my HDFC DCB Metal Addon today. To my surprise, it has different card no. compared to my primary.
  1. I can see the addon card while setting up card controls or changing pin in mycards app. When I changed card limit or set pin, I got a mail saying addon card no. XXXX changed. But they mention primary card no. over there in place of XXXX.
  2. I don't see addon on Netbanking, when i click on addon controls. I can add addon card separately on Netbanking tho.
  3. I also checked the OTP. The OTP came on the addon mobile number!
@Ankit Goyal also received a different card number for his addon.
  1. Does anyone know about this change from HDFC? This is a big change in their card policy.
  2. Since my Primary Card is FYF, would the addon too remain FYF?
  3. Since card nos. are different, would the spending milestones of addon be counted on Primary?
I have mailed HDFC about this. Meanwhile would be helpful if forum experts can share any info on this.
You are lucky, that you get different card no. For addon

There is no charge for addon card as it was secondary card

Spending milestone will be counted on primary card,
Though you use addon card

sangeeth

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Did anyone apply and receive an add-on card but it didn't reflect in mycards app? This happened to me for my Infinia Metal add-on. I swear the name appeared in mycards post approving but it disappeared now. Is it because of this change maybe?

The card number for add-on is the same as primary so I don't think it's related to this change. I tried logging in from the family member's phone but didn't reflect there either.