• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Gyftr Voucher Cancellation

So, I was making a hotel booking on Makemytrip. Total price was 11k around. I applied one MMT coupon code from the available ones which was giving around 3k discount. So final price was showing around 8k. So, I bought 8k Makemytrip hotel e-pay voucher from gyftr. Now when I applied the first voucher, it said that I can't use the already applied MMT coupon and I need to remove that to use this voucher. This information was not mentioned of mmt hotel e-pay voucher information section. Generally, in gyftr, in the information section of all other vouchers they mention whether you can use this in combination with other coupon and offers or not. So, now I don't have any use these 8k vouchers, so if I call gyftr, will they cancel my vouchers and refund the amount (since also this is a case of false advertisement).

okay, thanks for the information. Btw I do think it is gyftr's responsibility to provide this information since I am paying money to them. They do provide this information on other voucher purchase pages in important information section. I have bought multiple vouchers from gyftr and all of them had this information. So, it is a case of false advertisement I believe. Will try my luck with gyftr.
Also, is this the case with clear trip vouchers as well?
Also, can I sell my MMT gift vouchers somewhere now?

Virgo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
okay, thanks for the information. Btw I do think it is gyftr's responsibility to provide this information since I am paying money to them. They do provide this information on other voucher purchase pages in important information section. I have bought multiple vouchers from gyftr and all of them had this information. So, it is a case of false advertisement I believe. Will try my luck with gyftr.
Also, is this the case with clear trip vouchers as well?
Also, can I sell my MMT gift vouchers somewhere now?
Did you read the T&C completely on the gyftr website for the MMT gift card. It is clearly mentioned there. Just don’t read the short version labelled INSTRUCTIONS. Click on the detailed text labelled T&C and go through that. You will find something like this mentioned in it:

This Gift card/voucher cannot be clubbed with any other ongoing offer discount/cash back/promotion run by Makemytrip.com on app or website.

So, I was making a hotel booking on Makemytrip. Total price was 11k around. I applied one MMT coupon code from the available ones which was giving around 3k discount. So final price was showing around 8k. So, I bought 8k Makemytrip hotel e-pay voucher from gyftr. Now when I applied the first voucher, it said that I can't use the already applied MMT coupon and I need to remove that to use this voucher. This information was not mentioned of mmt hotel e-pay voucher information section. Generally, in gyftr, in the information section of all other vouchers they mention whether you can use this in combination with other coupon and offers or not. So, now I don't have any use these 8k vouchers, so if I call gyftr, will they cancel my vouchers and refund the amount (since also this is a case of false advertisement).
This is the sole reason i check everywhere before buying a Gv for a new website.

aceventura

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Did the same earlier this month and took the L. I think it is mentioned in the gyftr tnc for MMT.

Do let us know what Gyftr customer support does for you.

I talked to gyftr customer care. As expected, they said, you can’t cancel. Need to use it. They said it is not mentioned in important information which is a miss from their side but still since it is in t&c, they can’t cancel.

shashankrt

TF Premier
Cleartrip, MMT and other travel site vouchers - AVOID at all cost. These are really useless as you are forced to book at full rates.