• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Guidance needed: Housing loan of 1 Crore in Hyderabad

Enthusiast

TF Premier
Hello Everyone,

I am going to apply for a 1 Crore housing loan in a month time for 30 yrs term. So, i wanted to know...

which bank/Institution gives best interest rate?
Floating Rate or Fixed rate?
Any Govt. subsidies to apply?
How to negotiate/ any tricks for a best Interest rate?
Possibility of paying bulk amounts later?
and any more points you can comment for my benefit

I am from Hyderabad and selected a flat in High rise Gated community. It is a resale flat, not buying from the developer. It is still under construction and builder forecasting to hand it over by Aug 2025. Currently, My Cibil is 786.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello Everyone,

I am going to apply for a 1 Crore housing loan in a month time for 30 yrs term. So, i wanted to know...

which bank/Institution gives best interest rate?
Floating Rate or Fixed rate?
Any Govt. subsidies to apply?
How to negotiate/ any tricks for a best Interest rate?
Possibility of paying bulk amounts later?
and any more points you can comment for my benefit

I am from Hyderabad and selected a flat in High rise Gated community. It is a resale flat, not buying from the developer. It is still under construction and builder forecasting to hand it over by Aug 2025. Currently, My Cibil is 786.
congratulations.. 30 yrs is a bummer pls keep it lower.. PSU rates are around 8.25-8.4 % but lower disbursement ( your contribution will be higher).. Pvt banks - Kotak, lic are aggressive and flexible, sbi will also be aggressive.. HDFC is the king but very finicky mostly.. LIC, SBI service is poor.. SCB HL is good... My recos.. Kotak / SCB /HDFC/ ICICI / SBI.. In that order.. basis your choice.. .. Others will have different views..

Last edited:

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
1) SBI is best because of prepayment options ( I even paid few lakhs to even 1 rupee) and service ( Others may not agree with service) and you can get wealth account.
2) Many PVT banks have so many terms and conditions that sales team themselves do not know, You may face issues and these people cannot help you.
3) Floating is best, if you want to prepay.
4) Even though they give you with low % of interest, they will increase with in 2 to 3 months ( this is with all banks)

Enthusiast

TF Premier
congratulations.. 30 yrs is a bummer pls keep it lower.. PSU rates are around 8.25-8.4 % but lower disbursement ( your contribution will be higher).. Pvt banks - Kotak, lic are aggressive and flexible, sbi will also be aggressive.. HDFC is the king but very finicky mostly.. LIC, SBI service is poor.. SCB HL is good... My recos.. Kotak / SCB.. Others will have different views..
Yeah, i will go for 25 Yrs mostly.

prankster

TF Buzz
1) SBI is best because of prepayment options ( I even paid few lakhs to even 1 rupee) and service ( Others may not agree with service) and you can get wealth account.
2) Many PVT banks have so many terms and conditions that sales team themselves do not know, You may face issues and these people cannot help you.
3) Floating is best, if you want to prepay.
4) Even though they give you with low % of interest, they will increase with in 2 to 3 months ( this is with all banks)
Can you elaborate on the wealth account part? How to get this ? Any specific benefits? I have a 80Lakhs home loan with SBI

prankster

TF Buzz
Could you pls share your experience of having home loan with SBI...
It was pretty decent actually, they do have a long list of procedures/documents and verifications though, but most of that was handled by the builder's banking team. I just had to get to the bank on time and sign all documents. They make you sign like 80 times on the documents!
Yono app is really good, you can make prepayments any time from 1Rs to any amount without any penalties.
Side note : Ask for loan processing and other charges. Here in MH, there are a lot of different charges, I had to pay around 53k. This might vary from state to state.
Also, the entire experience might have been different/difficult if the builder's team was not involved.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It was pretty decent actually, they do have a long list of procedures/documents and verifications though, but most of that was handled by the builder's banking team. I just had to get to the bank on time and sign all documents. They make you sign like 80 times on the documents!
Yono app is really good, you can make prepayments any time from 1Rs to any amount without any penalties.
Side note : Ask for loan processing and other charges. Here in MH, there are a lot of different charges, I had to pay around 53k. This might vary from state to state.
Also, the entire experience might have been different/difficult if the builder's team was not involved.
rate of loan?

Desu Sarath

TF Premier
You should have asked for waive off. I paid NIL to SBI for home loan processing.