• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got income tax notice for credit card spends

friends2b11

TF Select
I have placed various orders from Flipkart with Flipkart Axis Bank credit card and after buying those orders sold them outside at lower prices.I gave the outside shopkeeper a lower price than the prize I bought.But since I got five percent cashback, I got some profit and not loss.

Besides, I have ordered many things for friends & family.(Your annual fee is waived off if you spend a certain amount on your credit card and clear the amount on time. )

Besides credit card payment showed deposit for which I have already replied with bank statement.And all the deposits were made by myself and no money was sent to anyone.

Can I now tell the income tax department that I used to run a cyber cafe and have customers there and for them I bought these things with my credit card.
Income tax department has asked me for credit card statement and which I will send them.
But income tax asked me about the payment I sent and their details and PAN number but I don't have any details.

And yes I have been filing regular income tax for 3-4 years and I show that my income is less than 5 lacs in the year.
And since I didn't file income tax on time I also paid 1000 late payment fee.

I got this notice from it dept-

Please refer to the notice under section 133(6) issued from this office and the subsequent reply made by you. Please note that as per
the Trading & Profit and Loss Account furnished by you, the total sales is Rs.18,xx,xxx/- whereas as per information, your total
payment by credit card amounts to Rs.25,xx,xxx/-. So you are requested explain the issue and submit the details of the person
(including PAN and Contact number) for whom the payment has been made. You are also requested to submit the credit card
statement for the F.Y. 2020-21. You are requested to comply within xx/xx/2023.
Response to the letter can be furnished through Compliance Portal only.

I have done a lot of shopping with credit cards for the rest of the years but since I paid the income tax on time I didn't get the notice.
Income tax notice was sent to me because I did not fill the income tax in that year but after sending the income tax notice I paid the income tax with late payment free.

To the first notice I have given the reply in due time and this is the second notice that I have been questioned again.
Now how do I give the reply to the IT department yes I will send the cc statement but how do I tell them can someone explain me so that I can give the reply properly.

the original notice which I received two to three months ago.At that time I had not filled ITR for that year and I was asked to fill revised ITR and I filled ITR with late payment fee ( 1000 INR ).

And I gave answers to the questions that were put to me and I also sent my trading PL statement statement and bank statement.

But today I got another reply to that notice.

Remaining year ITR-4 is already filed and business name is ABC Trading & Online
Nature of bussiness shown in ITR- Electronic Goods and Accessories

But since my card got canceled in the last month, I didn’t get the cashback that I earned in last month, so I didn’t have any money in my pocket.”

“The cash pack of the last month was so much more than the first two months”.So since I didn’t get the last match cashback, ultimately the cashback I earned for the first two months is no longer in my pocket.

Last edited:

AritraSaha

TF Legend
I have placed various orders from Flipkart with Flipkart Axis Bank credit card and after buying those orders sold them outside at lower prices.I gave the outside shopkeeper a lower price than the prize I bought.But since I got five percent cashback, I got some profit and not loss.

Besides credit card payment showed deposit for which I have already replied with bank statement.And all the deposits were made by myself and no money was sent to anyone.

Can I now tell the income tax department that I used to run a cyber cafe and have customers there and for them I bought these things with my credit card.
Income tax department has asked me for credit card statement and which I will send them.
But income tax asked me about the payment I sent and their details and PAN number but I don't have any details.

And yes I have been filing regular income tax for 3-4 years and I show that my income is less than 5 lacs in the year.

Please refer to the notice under section 133(6) issued from this office and the subsequent reply made by you. Please note that as per
the Trading & Profit and Loss Account furnished by you, the total sales is Rs.18,xx,xxx/- whereas as per information, your total
payment by credit card amounts to Rs.25,xx,xxx/-. So you are requested explain the issue and submit the details of the person
(including PAN and Contact number) for whom the payment has been made. You are also requested to submit the credit card

I have done a lot of shopping with credit cards for the rest of the years but since I paid the income tax on time I didn't get the notice.
Income tax notice was sent to me because I did not fill the income tax in that year but after sending the income tax notice I paid the income tax with late payment free.

To the first notice I have given the reply in due time and this is the second notice that I have been questioned again.
Now how do I give the reply to the IT department yes I will send the cc statement but how do I tell them can someone explain me so that I can give the reply properly.

Screenshot20230927200413-02

Screenshot20230927200821-01

This is the original notice which I received two to three months ago.At that time I had not filled ITR for that year and I was asked to fill revised ITR and I filled ITR with late payment fee ( 1000 INR ).

And I gave answers to the questions that were put to me and I also sent my trading PL statement statement and bank statement.

Screenshot20230927203239-01

1695830089841.png

AritraSaha

TF Legend

Screenshot20230927200413-02

Screenshot20230927200821-01

This is the original notice which I received two to three months ago.At that time I had not filled ITR for that year and I was asked to fill revised ITR and I filled ITR with late payment fee ( 1000 INR ).

Screenshot20230927203239-01

Hire a good ca, they might help you out.