• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Millennia Got an upgrade offer from Moneyback+ to Millenia. Planning to take it for 1 year. Need advice !!

AsB

TF Ace
After lots of struggle and a lot of prayer, I recently got an upgrade offer from Moneyback+ to Millenia. And just like many other people, my upgrade is only FYF, not LTF. I have two great cards :-
  • Amazon Pay ICICI
  • Tata Neu RuPay HDFC
I reached out to Cards Services and Escalation Team, and both of them broke my heart. They said that they wont consider LTF Upgrade. One of them said that they never provide LTF upgrade (which I think is wrong).

So, I have sent an email to Grievance Redressal , trying for a final attempt to get my Upgrade as LTF. If they deny as well, I will take the card as a FYF. Then, I will use it extensively, for 1 year, replacing my Amazon Pay card completely.

If after 2-3 years, they dont buzz to give me LTF , then I will close the card, and possibly either apply C2C or make my peace with Tata Neu.

So, my questions are :;-

1) What do you think of this strategy ?

2) Is it difficult to get LTF on upgraded cards in HDFC ?

3) How easy/difficult is it to get the card approved after closing the card ?

Last edited:

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
1. Good strategy but the chances of converting to LTF Millennia is fairly low. What you can actually do is ask for fee waivers or spend 1lakh so that they reverse the fees.

2. Its very hard to get the core credit cards after you close them and hold a co branded one. One of my friend did the mistake, he is still repenting.

You are one of the very few lucky people who have got an Upgrade from MB.
HDFC Bank has some sort of rare kripa on you.
You might want to buy some lottery tickets in case. Cheers.