• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Got an email for LTF upgrade to Avios. Help?

repertoire

TF Select
1713599338878.png

I've had a Legend CC for years now and they've offered zero upgrades / limit enhancements in classic Indusind fashion. Even after I begged on my hands and knees for Pinnacle to their PNO. So this is a surprise, lol.

I figure anything is better than Legend. So I clicked on it and they said someone will reach out to me.

I travel internationally once or twice a year. Usually to SEA. I'm in the process of moving to the US though and I expect my air travel to pick up in the future. But I don't know the first thing about airline miles programs. Never used them before. So, should I pick BA or Qatar?

I'm inclined to pick Qatar just because I've seen their flights pop up in my searches more frequently and I think they're more budget-oriented than BA? But is there a deeper calculus here of miles program and transferring miles between airlines?

repertoire

TF Select
preapproved maybe long standing relationship
Yeah, I heard about such premium cards (at least cost wise) are given out LTF.

@repertoire , how did you manage to get such an offer !
I actually don't know. I used my Indusind exclusive debit/credit cards for 2-3 lakhs worth of spends abroad in 2021, after which I requested Pinnacle from them. They denied it. I threatened to close my card, they told me to go ahead and do it. I stopped using my Indusind cards after that. Then I had to max out the limit on my Legend (2L) for a medical expense last year. And recently I kept some money in my exclusive account to pay my taxes. Other than that, I haven't used the Legend CC at all lately and don't have any FDs/demat etc with them.

But imo this is by far the worst bank to try to get any loyalty benefits from. HDFC/ICICI/etc are all much better.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
I actually don't know. I used my Indusind exclusive debit/credit cards for 2-3 lakhs worth of spends abroad in 2021, after which I requested Pinnacle from them. They denied it. I threatened to close my card, they told me to go ahead and do it. I stopped using my Indusind cards after that. Then I had to max out the limit on my Legend (2L) for a medical expense last year. And recently I kept some money in my exclusive account to pay my taxes. Other than that, I haven't used the Legend CC at all lately and don't have any FDs/demat etc with them.

But imo this is by far the worst bank to try to get any loyalty benefits from. HDFC/ICICI/etc are all much better.
I have a suggestion for you... since you are anyways holding money for some tax reasons or something... next time you do it... make sure you cross 5L.

Visit branch and give account upgrade form for Grande, it will take a week max.
Then get your Grande RM to apply for Pinnacle CC using Grande account code. You get pinnacle at 5K+GST fees, no vouchers. But on spending 50k in first 90 days... you will get fee reversal.. effectively making it LTF.

You get to enjoy 0 MAB exclusive as side deal.

repertoire

TF Select
I have a suggestion for you... since you are anyways holding money for some tax reasons or something... next time you do it... make sure you cross 5L.

Then get your Grande RM to apply for Pinnacle CC using Grande account code. You get pinnacle at 5K+GST fees, no vouchers. But on spending 50k in first 90 days... you will get fee reversal.. effectively making it LTF.

Good suggestion. I saw the posts here about upgrading to Grande but never got around to it. I may still do it if I can find the energy to deal with bank staff and Grande RM trying to upsell me on ULIPs or whatever.

But right now, assuming I get the Avios, I won't need Pinnacle anymore. I wanted it primarily for the free international lounge access. Avios comes with that and meet & greet, which is a lot of value for 0 in fees. Pinnacle's RR is probbably still good even with recent devaluations but it likely will get devalued further.

rahulsingla

TF Buzz

Can you get both pinnacle and eazydiner? I have Eazydiner card and wht Pinnacle on split limit basis. I am told that both Eazydiner and Pinnacle can't come together

kvndsz512

TF Select
VIP Lounge

from when do u have account with them?

rest as u have balance that also triggers and non usage maybe multiple factors are there

repertoire

TF Select
from when do u have account with them?

rest as u have balance that also triggers and non usage maybe multiple factors are there
Oct 2021. And yeah, the balance likely worked in my favor.

Thread has derailed a bit. But if anybody else has any views on BA vs Qatar, I'd love to hear it. I'm probably going to go with Qatar because of the 10% discount you get with this card on flights originating from India.

1713599338878.png

I've had a Legend CC for years now and they've offered zero upgrades / limit enhancements in classic Indusind fashion. Even after I begged on my hands and knees for Pinnacle to their PNO. So this is a surprise, lol.

I figure anything is better than Legend. So I clicked on it and they said someone will reach out to me.

I travel internationally once or twice a year. Usually to SEA. I'm in the process of moving to the US though and I expect my air travel to pick up in the future. But I don't know the first thing about airline miles programs. Never used them before. So, should I pick BA or Qatar?

I'm inclined to pick Qatar just because I've seen their flights pop up in my searches more frequently and I think they're more budget-oriented than BA? But is there a deeper calculus here of miles program and transferring miles between airlines?
This is a great deal from visa signature to infinite that too LTF. Can you share whats the credit limit on your legend?

repertoire

TF Select

I explained it here. Mostly it was 0-1k in spends, except for that one medical expense.