• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Getting INFINIA through the FD Route

jiffyspace

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Read somewhere on reddit that people got the INFINIA by opening an account in HDFC and creating an FD (10L).

Now, I know this is not the most ideal way because of dismal rate of returns of FD and you can get better returns somewhere else. But wondering if this is possible? I already have Regalia but only with 2.25L limit so still a long way to 10L limit and apply via the method mentioned in the forum.

Has anyone been able to get INFINIA by creating an FD?

Last edited:

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Read somewhere on reddit that people got the INFINIA by opening an account in HDFC and creating an FD (5L).

Now, I know this is not the most ideal way because of dismal rate of returns of FD and you can get better returns somewhere else. But wondering if this is possible? I already have Regalia but only with 2.25L limit so still a long way to 10L limit and apply via the method mentioned in the forum.

I've heard around 10 to 11 lakh of FD required for infinia

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Read somewhere on reddit that people got the INFINIA by opening an account in HDFC and creating an FD (5L).

never heard of 5L FD, it's always 10+
who are those got for 5L FD?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
does it have to be a single fd of 10L+?
i have savingsmax account so all the excess balance is already converted into fd in parts, summing up to more than 10L. can i also try based on this?

jiffyspace

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
It turns out it might not be as simple as it sounds. Talked to one of the CC person in the nearby branch and they said:
  • 10L FD (with a new account) — if I needed to liquidate the FD need to cancel the card first
  • Past one year of expense that should exceed 13L (Said it was added in the past few months)
Not sure if they tried to make it sound unreasonable on purpose but seems like they really don't want to give Infinia to just anyone. 😅

ltf4ever

TF Ace
It turns out it might not be as simple as it sounds. Talked to one of the CC person in the nearby branch and they said:
  • 10L FD (with a new account) — if I needed to liquidate the FD need to cancel the card first
  • Past one year of expense that should exceed 13L (Said it was added in the past few months)
Not sure if they tried to make it sound unreasonable on purpose but seems like they really don't want to give Infinia to just anyone. 😅
2nd point seems fine, but the first point seems unreasonable just to scare people into avoiding liquidating the fd as soon as they get the card, unless it was issued as a secured card against that FD. apart from that i don't think that they can stop you from liquidating the fd or close your card as soon as you liquidate it.

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Not sure never inquired in such details since the first point itself was a big red flag. No way I am making a FD for infinia that too of that high amount.