• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Is Infinia possible only on the basis of salary?

urboss

TF Select
VIP Lounge
My case: I meet the salary criteria of 2.75L easily (HDFC a/c - opened in 2015, upgraded to Imperia 5-6 months back), but doesn't have last 6 months spending of >7.5L, mainly because DCB acceptance issue and hence, spending diverted to other cards like Airtel Axis etc.
Current HDFC cards: FYF DCB (2nd year going on) and LTF Tata Neu infinity with a combined CL of 7.5L

So, I talked to two SM (Sales Manager of HDFC CC deptt.) for an upgrade to Infinia and this is what their suggestions were:
1. SM forwarded by my company account RM, Bengaluru: Upgrade is only possible if both Salary criteria AND 6month spending condition is met. Though, he suggested to close my both cards (DCB and Tata Neu) and then apply fresh for Infinia thru him. But he said, it would be chargeable and not FYF.
2. SM forwarded by my home branch, Delhi: He suggested to apply upgrade for DCB via him and then he can will initiate mail for approval. Though, he wasn't sure that it would be approved.
I insisted for plastic Infinia, but both of them said, it's not issued long back. However, i read on twitter, that some people are still getting it.

I'm thinking to try option 2 first, but i am asking him to start an approval process from the BM and if needed, CH/RH before submitting the docs/form. What do you guys suggest?

P.S: Both DCB to Infinia upgrade and LE on DCB has been rejected by Nodal before. I guess mainly because of having a co-branded card.

Last edited:

Anupama_Jha

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My case: I meet the salary criteria of 2.75L easily (HDFC a/c - opened in 2015, upgraded to Imperia 5-6 months back), but doesn't have last 6 months spending of >7.5L, mainly because DCB acceptance issue and hence, spending diverted to other cards like Airtel Axis etc.
Current HDFC cards: FYF DCB (2nd year going on) and LTF Tata Neu infinity with a combined CL of 7.5L

So, I talked to two SM (Sales Manager of HDFC CC deptt.) for an upgrade to Infinia and this is what their suggestions were:
1. SM forwarded by my company account RM, Bengaluru: Upgrade is only possible if both Salary criteria AND 6month spending condition is met. Though, he suggested to close my both cards (DCB and Tata Neu) and then apply fresh for Infinia thru him. But he said, it would be chargeable and not FYF.
2. SM forwarded by my home branch, Delhi: He suggested to apply upgrade for DCB via him and then he can will initiate mail for approval. Though, he wasn't sure that it would be approved.
I insisted for plastic Infinia, but both of them said, it's not issued long back. However, i read on twitter, that some people are still getting it.

I'm thinking to try option 2 first, but i am asking him to start an approval process from the BM and if needed, CH/RH before submitting the docs/form. What do you guys suggest?
Try option 2 and let us know.